Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 08 May '05 04:08
    I would like to let players know that I was on-line even though I did not have a game in which I had recently moved.sometimes there are players that are active but seem to be unaware that I am waiting.if I could make a virtual move(a move that wasn't)I would let others know that I was "active".
  2. Standard member Wheely
    Instant Buzz
    08 May '05 09:12
    Originally posted by jimmac
    I would like to let players know that I was on-line even though I did not have a game in which I had recently moved.sometimes there are players that are active but seem to be unaware that I am waiting.if I could make a virtual move(a move that wasn't)I would let others know that I was "active".
    I like this idea but would make it simpler. A simple button which says something like "I am here and waiting" or "I have gone away so don't bother waiting".

I know it is possible to log out but many poeple don't do that.
  3. 08 May '05 09:22
    Originally posted by Wheely
    I like this idea but would make it simpler. A simple button which says something like "I am here and waiting" or "I have gone away so don't bother waiting".

I know it is possible to log out but many poeple don't do that.
    or how about when you log in you are shown as active?
  4. Standard member Wheely
    Instant Buzz
    08 May '05 09:56
    Originally posted by elopawn
    or how about when you log in you are shown as active?
    To be honest, I rarely log out and therefore rarely log in. I imagine many people are the same in that respect.
  5. 08 May '05 10:27
    I would also like a notification button for when an active player stops for the night so I do not refresh for the next 30 min or so before I finally give up.This would be similar to the "move" button.I try to do this on my last move via a message but sometimes I get called away at a time that I can not make a rushed move.