Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 31 Dec '07 09:59
    It would be nice to somehow recognize titled players, like adding to their names the magic letters(CM, FM, IM, GM) for their titles if they somehow confirm their titles(like they do on the other chess sites)...
    and maybe you can try to attract more of them by giving them disscounts for membership or so...(I would do something like: IMs and GMs free, FMs half price, etc)
  2. 31 Dec '07 13:20
    Originally posted by vipiu
    It would be nice to somehow recognize titled players, like adding to their names the magic letters(CM, FM, IM, GM) for their titles if they somehow confirm their titles(like they do on the other chess sites)...
    and maybe you can try to attract more of them by giving them disscounts for membership or so...(I would do something like: IMs and GMs free, FMs half price, etc)
    Question: How much do I want Fischer, Anand, Karpov, Kasparov, Nigel Davies, Jeremy Silman and the rest of the elite on the world to be members in this community?
    Answer: Sooo very much! I would gladly pay another dollar to my subscription fee just to give them a free entrance to RHP just to watch them play!
  3. 04 Jan '08 17:54
    Free membership to GMs sounds like a great idea! The more top level people, the better, in my opinion. That being said, are there any RHP-level (non-FIDE) titles distributed yet? That might be a nice feature as well for those exceptional RHP players.
  4. Standard member dsmfire
    happy
    04 Jan '08 20:35
    recommended
  5. 06 Jan '08 22:45
    no...i prefer to remain incognito...
  6. 07 Jan '08 00:48
    what if there faking it....
  7. 07 Jan '08 00:52
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    no...i prefer to remain incognito...
    You shouldn't have used your real name then. (You play quite well for being dead!)
  8. 08 Jan '08 18:47
    Great idea! people sometimes refer to me with a title and I'm always quick to respond that I have none. It would be good to be more clear I think.
  9. Standard member bannedplayer306509
    Best Loser
    08 Jan '08 19:40 / 1 edit
    sold. rec'd

I like the mention of high rated players on this site... top 10 should get a free sub or something.. it might inspire more cheating but the turnover once you get to the top ten would eventually be a detterent.. hard call.
  10. 09 Jan '08 00:12
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    sold. rec'd

I like the mention of high rated players on this site... top 10 should get a free sub or something.. it might inspire more cheating but the turnover once you get to the top ten would eventually be a detterent.. hard call.
    Looks to me like the top 10 players were all banned for some reason
  11. 09 Jan '08 00:43
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    sold. rec'd

I don't agree.. I think there is a difference between having a high score and taking the time to win a title. There are plenty of people like me who play and are lucky enough to get a higher score, but it doesnt raise to the same level as someone who's earned a GM title or anything like that. Very differant.
  12. 09 Jan '08 04:19
    Not a bad idea all things considered, it would help with publicity
  13. 09 Jan '08 16:19
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Answer: Sooo very much! I would gladly pay another dollar to my subscription fee...
    Sooo very much, indeed!