recognize and support titled players

recognize and support titled players

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v

Moves
31 Dec 07

It would be nice to somehow recognize titled players, like adding to their names the magic letters(CM, FM, IM, GM) for their titles if they somehow confirm their titles(like they do on the other chess sites)...
and maybe you can try to attract more of them by giving them disscounts for membership or so...(I would do something like: IMs and GMs free, FMs half price, etc)

F

Moves
31 Dec 07

Originally posted by vipiu
It would be nice to somehow recognize titled players, like adding to their names the magic letters(CM, FM, IM, GM) for their titles if they somehow confirm their titles(like they do on the other chess sites)...
and maybe you can try to attract more of them by giving them disscounts for membership or so...(I would do something like: IMs and GMs free, FMs half price, etc)
Question: How much do I want Fischer, Anand, Karpov, Kasparov, Nigel Davies, Jeremy Silman and the rest of the elite on the world to be members in this community?
Answer: Sooo very much! I would gladly pay another dollar to my subscription fee just to give them a free entrance to RHP just to watch them play!

Mosfellsbær, Iceland

Moves
04 Jan 08

Free membership to GMs sounds like a great idea! The more top level people, the better, in my opinion. That being said, are there any RHP-level (non-FIDE) titles distributed yet? That might be a nice feature as well for those exceptional RHP players.

d
happy

home

Moves
04 Jan 08

recommended

r

Moves
06 Jan 08

no...i prefer to remain incognito...

DMM

USA

Moves
07 Jan 08

what if there faking it....

N

The sky

Moves
07 Jan 08

Originally posted by reinfeld
no...i prefer to remain incognito...
You shouldn't have used your real name then. (You play quite well for being dead!)

e

Moves
08 Jan 08

Great idea! people sometimes refer to me with a title and I'm always quick to respond that I have none. It would be good to be more clear I think.

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
08 Jan 08
1 edit

sold. rec'd

I like the mention of high rated players on this site... top 10 should get a free sub or something.. it might inspire more cheating but the turnover once you get to the top ten would eventually be a detterent.. hard call.

e

Moves
09 Jan 08

Originally posted by ih8sens
sold. rec'd

I like the mention of high rated players on this site... top 10 should get a free sub or something.. it might inspire more cheating but the turnover once you get to the top ten would eventually be a detterent.. hard call.
Looks to me like the top 10 players were all banned for some reason 🙂

e

Moves
09 Jan 08

Originally posted by ih8sens
sold. rec'd

I don't agree.. I think there is a difference between having a high score and taking the time to win a title. There are plenty of people like me who play and are lucky enough to get a higher score, but it doesnt raise to the same level as someone who's earned a GM title or anything like that. Very differant.

b

Here

Moves
09 Jan 08

Not a bad idea all things considered, it would help with publicity

d

Moves
09 Jan 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Answer: Sooo very much! I would gladly pay another dollar to my subscription fee...
Sooo very much, indeed!