Recommended posts of the week??

Recommended posts of the week??

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
26 Jul 06

It was down before recs in private forums and serendipsticky.

P-

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
26 Jul 06

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
My guess is that Russ never bothered putting the feature back after the 'recs in Private Clan Forum' problem.
As Phlab said it was gone before I found that exploit. And anyway that was patched up within 24 hours.

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
26 Jul 06

Now if my memory is serving me correctly (and sometimes, it doesn't) I do believe that the recomended list was "temporarily" dropped due to improvements made for playing on this site (new boards, My Games new layout, new game pieces, added features for analyzing the games, etc.) Although I like the forums to a degree, I did subscribe to a chess site to play chess, so I can live without the Recs, or a list of recs. I am certain that when Russ can get the rec list back up without threatening to bring down the site again, he will.

DS

Moves
27 Jul 06

Originally posted by KJCavalier
I am certain that when Russ can get the rec list back up without threatening to bring down the site again, he will.
He did say somewhere that they would be back.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
27 Jul 06

Originally posted by Phlabibit
My guess is Russ got tired of the top post being a sexual post, or crushing insult. Take a look at some of the users that have the most posts... I had to kill a man in Reno just to get a rec once.

P-
No doubt about it. Getting rec's sure makes a guy mean and nasty. I actually used to be a pretty nice guy. Now look at me. Sometmes you just have to grin and bare it. 😀

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
27 Jul 06

Originally posted by cashthetrash
No doubt about it. Getting rec's sure makes a guy mean and nasty. I actually used to be a pretty nice guy. Now look at me. Sometmes you just have to grin and bare it. 😀
I can dimly remember topping 100 recs. Such dizzying heights at the time.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
27 Jul 06

Originally posted by cashthetrash
Pretty nice guy, eh? Your first frigging post on this site is about having sent a nasty message to a user and you wanting to 'take it back'.

In other words, Bull!

P-