1. Joined
    13 Jul '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 14:27
    My buddies and I would like to be able to withdraw a blundering move and continue an otherwise intereseting game from before the blunder. So, basically, what we would like from RHP is an ability to rewind to some earlier position in a game and continue from there. An option would be needed as to whether to consider the game won, lost, or drawn before doing the rewind, and the results of the game after the rewind would then not be part of the players' ratings or history.

Is that an attractive feature to anyone else?

Richard Fikes
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 14:40
    Originally posted by Fikes
    My buddies and I would like to be able to withdraw a blundering move and continue an otherwise intereseting game from before the blunder. So, basically, what we would like from RHP is an ability to rewind to some earlier position in a game and continue from there. An option would be needed as to whether to consider the game won, lost, or drawn before doing t ...[text shortened]... players' ratings or history.

Richard Fikes
    Once a game is over it's over. If you want to carry on a game from the position before the last mistake you can always start a set piece game from the position before the blunder.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 14:40
    Originally posted by Fikes
    My buddies and I would like to be able to withdraw a blundering move and continue an otherwise intereseting game from before the blunder. So, basically, what we would like from RHP is an ability to rewind to some earlier position in a game and continue from there. An option would be needed as to whether to consider the game won, lost, or drawn before doing t ...[text shortened]... players' ratings or history.

Richard Fikes
    Set up a set piece game from the position you want to start from and resolve the original game however you wish. The set piece game will not be rated.

If you want you could get Firefox, Greasemonkey and the set piece script from http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/ so you can simply paste the FEN into the set piece game page.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree