1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Nov '08 21:02
    title is self explanatory....now get to it russ..it won't harm anyone.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Nov '08 22:15
    Originally posted by trev33
    They should be a newer better thing, where the club or clan leader can name them as they wish. They could be treated as positive or negative if the leader likes.

Recs, Brownie Points, Boo, etc.

I can't write what I'd name them.

P-
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 00:301 edit
    Who would you be recommending them to - only your clan could read them in context, so most of them would be pretty useless in the recommended posts list without the rest of the thread.
    Or are you proposing that the private forums should be made public?

They were at one time recommendable, when the rec count existed but due to abuse [I believe] and the pointlessness of it, the option was done away with.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 01:30
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Who would you be recommending them to - only your clan could read them in context, so most of them would be pretty useless in the recommended posts list without the rest of the thread.
    Or are you proposing that the private forums should be made public?

They were at one time recommendable, when the rec count existed but due to abuse [I believe] and the pointlessness of it, the option was done away with.
    no, i don't want private forums or threads to become public. what i do want however is to give someone 'props' for a nice post in private. it doesn't have to be exactly the same as rec's but it would be nice to be able to do something to show appreciation for a nice post.

even if it were some sort of novelty rec system were you could take away rec's for a bad post...anything.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 20:21
    A thumbs up/thumbs down option maybe then?
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 21:10
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    A thumbs up/thumbs down option maybe then?
    something like that but with something extra..i like phalbs idea of the clan/club leader getting to name them.

it would make arguing in private a lot more interesting.
  7. Standard memberpatrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    Minneapolis
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 23:50
    I'd be for that and anything else that would allow clan and/or club pages to be more customizable--visual backdrops, different names for things, whatever. different options for layout of the information on the page. a different banner across the top that members would see to make visual reference to the fact that you are "inside" and not looking at the "public" page that non-members see. right now customization is limited to name, picture and that one line description.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Nov '08 12:10
    no, i don't want private forums or threads to become public. what i do want however is to give someone 'props' for a nice post in private. it doesn't have to be exactly the same as rec's but it would be nice to be able to do something to show appreciation for a nice post.

even if it were some sort of novelty rec system were you could take away rec's for a bad post...anything.
    how about a simple "nice post, mate!"?

or "I agree" or "you're a crimson-cheeked baboon"...

just post your agreement/disagreement and call it whatever *you* like, you know, like a conversation? I would think people would be less afraid to post their real opinions in a private forum, so a faceless rating system probably would be less necessary than in the public forums.
  9. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    16 Nov '08 12:24
    Why not reply to the good post with "Good post" [b]DOH !!
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '08 16:14
    Originally posted by Suzianne

just post your agreement/disagreement and call it whatever *you* like, you know, like a conversation? I would think people would be less afraid to post their real opinions in a private forum, so a faceless rating system probably would be less necessary than in the public forums.
    you know i've always posted what i think in private....and it public to mostly. but this would be different that simply saying 'nice post dipshyt'

anyway how annoying is it to scroll down a thread and come across a bunch of small meaningless posts like 'i disagree' 'i agree' 'you have a big head'

i'm not sure exactly what i want, maybe even a joke rating system for forum posts in private.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 06:26
    you know i've always posted what i think in private....and it public to mostly. but this would be different that simply saying 'nice post dipshyt'

anyway how annoying is it to scroll down a thread and come across a bunch of small meaningless posts like 'i disagree' 'i agree' 'you have a big head'

i'm not sure exactly what i want, maybe even a joke rating system for forum posts in private.
    After thinking about it, I think maybe some kind of fun novelty rec system for private forums might be fun. Make it ultra customizable so the clan leaders can add a little "inside joke" to the private forums. Yeah, I could go along with that.
  12. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    19 Nov '08 00:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Cuz it's Trevor. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree