rec's in private forums

rec's in private forums

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H

Moves
23 Sep 06

Now we have the rec limit so they will only be given for a very good post why not allow us to use them in our clan forums... I love chatting with the clan guys and would also love the chance to rec some of the great contributions and comments they have made. if I choose to use my 10 in this way, why not?

DS

Moves
23 Sep 06

Originally posted by horsey
Now we have the rec limit so they will only be given for a very good post why not allow us to use them in our clan forums... I love chatting with the clan guys and would also love the chance to rec some of the great contributions and comments they have made. if I choose to use my 10 in this way, why not?
If a post received lots of recs in the private forums and was on the first page of the recommended posts list the whole thread would still be unreadable and hence probably meaningless to others.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Sep 06

i can see where you're coming from in your suggestion but as Dr Strangelove pointed out in the recom posts it'll be confusing to others. Also this will also have the potential to cause friction between clans on wrecking sprees (i.e. one member of a clan getting all the recs from their fellow clan members). Then we could find ourself in the same position we were before.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
23 Sep 06

Bad move, open to abuse.

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
23 Sep 06

I don't usually give recs, and never more than a couple of them a month, so a limit of 10 a month doesn't really bother me. I never got many recs myself, so getting lots of recs doesn't bother me, either. I only just hit triple figures in little more than a year, so I got an average of maybe 8 a month.

But now I've got 10 a month to use, if I find a post I really like, can I give it more than one rec?

Or how about whether I can rec my own posts?

I mean, they are mine to use as I want, aren't they?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
24 Sep 06

Originally posted by c99ux
I don't usually give recs, and never more than a couple of them a month, so a limit of 10 a month doesn't really bother me. I never got many recs myself, so getting lots of recs doesn't bother me, either. I only just hit triple figures in little more than a year, so I got an average of maybe 8 a month.

But now I've got 10 a month to use, if I find a post I ...[text shortened]... out whether I can rec my own posts?

I mean, they are mine to use as I want, aren't they?
You better check yourself, before you rec yourself.

P-

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
24 Sep 06

Bad idea... Somone might rec a post in my forum, and things in my forum have no place on a list of good posts. This goes for other clans I know of.

P-

d

Moves
24 Sep 06

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Bad idea... Somone might rec a post in my forum, and things in my forum have no place on a list of good posts.

P-
Or, indeed, any place in civilised society.

DS

Moves
25 Sep 06

Another problem could be, if you quoted someone else and your post was in the rec list, the quote would be there too - maybe not with the other persons consent.

H

Moves
26 Sep 06

I still like the idea 😛

H
Finish Him!!!

Chess Club HQ

Moves
26 Sep 06

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
If a post received lots of recs in the private forums and was on the first page of the recommended posts list the whole thread would still be unreadable and hence probably meaningless to others.
It doesn't have to be put up on the Recommended list.

How about a private forum only recommended list, to mirror the public forum ones? For our forum, where we have over 120 threads going, it would enable members to see which posts have been thought to be worth reading by others...

Also, the 'rec' counter is merely a view to see whether someone else thought that person's comments are worthy - so this could continue to accumulate.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
26 Sep 06

I still like the idea 😛
They would be called Public Forums and not Private Forums if you could read from any one of them. So, again.... bad idea.

P-

DS

Moves
27 Sep 06

Originally posted by Hindstein
It doesn't have to be put up on the Recommended list.

I don't get it.
Who are you recommending it to then??

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
27 Sep 06

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
I don't get it.
Who are you recommending it to then??
He's not recommending it to anyone.

He's using the recs the way most mmebers do, as a way to keep score; as a trophy.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
27 Sep 06

Originally posted by Red Night
He's not recommending it to anyone.

He's using the recs the way most mmebers do, as a way to keep score; as a trophy.
No that's just your clan.