Other members of the clan, clearly.
  2. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 12:09
    Originally posted by Red Night
    He's not recommending it to anyone.

He's using the recs the way most mmebers do, as a way to keep score; as a trophy.
    Obviously not. You seem to also have missed the point of my post. See above.
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 21:06
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I don't get it.
    Who are you recommending it to then??
    The recommended list was out of action for ages yet recs went on. I think rec's on this site act more to rate a good post than anything else..... but if we were to use it purely to recommend good posts to others this would still be useful in the private forum, perhaps with a number by each thread title as the total recs in it, the higher the total the more highly recommended the thead.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 23:17
    Originally posted by horsey
    The recommended list was out of action for ages yet recs went on. I think rec's on this site act more to rate a good post than anything else..... but if we were to use it purely to recommend good posts to others this would still be useful in the private forum, perhaps with a number by each thread title as the total recs in it, the higher the total the more highly recommended the thead.
    The only way recs would work in Private Forums is if each private forum had it's own rec system.

I would also hope that Russ would let us Name our new type of Recs for each clan. My clan would call them Brucks. These would be given out when a member CrUsHeS another member with a mind blowing insult that cuts deep to the heart of the poster.

A lot like the old recs seemed to work. Insult someone well enough and people give you a rec. I'm glad to see it doesn't work that way anymore.

P-
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '06 00:57
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    If you recommend a private post to other members of your clan there's no point in it being in the rec' posts list - and therefore no need for it to be recommended in the first place. Unless you are using recs as though they are sweeties or something which you give your clanmates when you agree with them. 😞
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '06 01:07
    dude that horse needs a break
  7. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    28 Sep '06 14:43
    If you recommend a private post to other members of your clan there's no point in it being in the rec' posts list - and therefore no need for it to be recommended in the first place. Unless you are using recs as though they are sweeties or something which you give your clanmates when you agree with them. 😞
    Dr,

It seems you are incapable of reading my posts properly. Go back and read my first post on the subject... ...Actually, let me save you a click - I said "How about a private forum only recommended list?"

ie: A recommended list for that clan (available by a link in the private forum area) that shows only messages from your private forum that have been recommended by other private forum members.

In a private forum as active as mine, with 120+ threads, it would offer a way to highlight excellent posts within the private forum and bring them to the attention of the other private forum users.

Does that make my point clearer?
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    28 Sep '06 14:45
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    The only way recs would work in Private Forums is if each private forum had it's own rec system.

I would also hope that Russ would let us Name our new type of Recs for each clan. My clan would call them Brucks. These would be given out when a member CrUsHeS another member with a mind blowing insult that cuts deep to the heart of the poster.

A lot l ...[text shortened]... ll enough and people give you a rec. I'm glad to see it doesn't work that way anymore.

P-
    That idea I like.

D
  9. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    28 Sep '06 14:47
    Originally posted by trevor33
    dude that horse needs a break
    Ah, the wonders of genetics.
    It's a super-horse - half the legs, twice the energy! 😵
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 04:291 edit
    Dr,

It seems you are incapable of reading my posts properly. Go back and read my first post on the subject... ...Actually, let me save you a click - I said "How about a private forum only recommended list?"

ie: A recommended list for that clan (available by a link in the private forum area) that shows only messages from your private forum that hav ...[text shortened]... ng them to the attention of the other private forum users.

Does that make my point clearer?
    The point IS, recommended posts at this time go onto the main list....and the thread was about recs in private forums - not separate lists which OBVIOUSLY would be the only way it would make sense.

Unlikely to happen I would think or there would be gawd knows how many separate lists. 😞
  11. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 18:17
    Unlikely to happen I would think or there would be gawd knows how many separate lists. 😞
    What would be wrong with each clan having it's own rec list?
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 20:14
    Maybe nothing wrong with it - just probably too much extra unnecessary work for those in charge.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree