Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Subscriber divegeester
    Naughtius Maximus
    11 Apr '10 09:24
    http://www.formstar.net/rhpfaces/ab/gallery.html

    I've seen several links to this micro-site, but always in reference to "the good old days" or "look how ugly you were years ago" type of posts.

    With the forums being the supposed center of the rhp community, I would have thought these "faces" pages would be flourishing today.

    Maybe it's all a bit too adult friend finder for some people...

    Any thoughts?
  2. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    11 Apr '10 09:34
    Originally posted by divegeester
    http://www.formstar.net/rhpfaces/ab/gallery.html

    I've seen several links to this micro-site, but always in reference to "the good old days" or "look how ugly you were years ago" type of posts.

    With the forums being the supposed center of the rhp community, I would have thought these "faces" pages would be flourishing today.

    Maybe it's all a bit too adult friend finder for some people...

    Any thoughts?
    First thought: Why's this a Site Idea?
  3. Subscriber divegeester
    Naughtius Maximus
    11 Apr '10 09:36
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    First thought: Why's this a Site Idea?
    It's not really...just thought it sat better here than in general.
  4. 11 Apr '10 10:07
    It is an interesting point nevertheless.

    What has changed in the last few years? RHPFaces has stagnated, we no longer have mix-cd swaps, photo competitions, secret Santas, clan goading, etc. The only community driven thing that has survived is the prose competition.

    I wonder if the rise of Facebook has negated RHPFaces? As for the rest, it's just apathy perhaps, and too few interesting newcomers to replace the old ones that leave. I'm not being nostalgic here, just wondering where all of this stuff went and why we can't do this sort of thing today. It's already difficult enough to run the prose competition as we have these two people who are determined to derail it at every chance they get.

    If you were a newcomer to RHP, and you read the General forum last week, would you want to be a part of this community and participate in competitions and things? I wouldn't.
  5. Standard member Gatecrasher
    Whale watching
    11 Apr '10 13:20
    Mostly, I got lazy about updating the site. Sorry. But also, when I offered to revamp it, Crowley said I shouldn't bother, because he was going to build something to replace it... that might have been a couple of years ago. Maybe I should rename the site to Young RHPfaces.

    It would be very nice, though, if RHP allowed subscribers to upload photos to their own profile "album" on this site.
  6. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    11 Apr '10 13:39
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    I wonder if the rise of Facebook has negated RHPFaces? As for the rest, it's just apathy perhaps, and too few interesting newcomers to replace the old ones that leave. I'm not being nostalgic here, just wondering where all of this stuff went and why we can't do this sort of thing today.
    Apart from the Prose competition, when was the last time there was a community based project/game/competition?
  7. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    11 Apr '10 16:44
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    It is an interesting point nevertheless.

    What has changed in the last few years? RHPFaces has stagnated, we no longer have mix-cd swaps, photo competitions, secret Santas, clan goading, etc. The only community driven thing that has survived is the prose competition.

    I wonder if the rise of Facebook has negated RHPFaces? As for the rest, it's just apa ...[text shortened]... want to be a part of this community and participate in competitions and things? I wouldn't.
    Do you think that new comers can't see the clique mentality that exists in the forums?

    You should give people more credit than you do. It probably has to do with that tunnel vision you have.

    I ask a few questions about the prose competition and all of a sudden you think I am trying to derail it...What a joke, or just plain mis-leading statemen you made. So, HOH and I had a little bantering session, nothing new for us, just happened to be in the precious Culture Forum, instead of the GF is all.
  8. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    11 Apr '10 17:55 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    So, HOH and I had a little bantering session, nothing new for us, just happened to be in the precious Culture Forum, instead of the GF is all.
    It was in the General Forum - Thread 128815.

    And your first few posts on the topic were the usual accusations about the Friends Group. You only posted questions in the other Prose Competition thread after HoH and CFT responded to your original trolling attempts.
  9. Subscriber divegeester
    Naughtius Maximus
    11 Apr '10 18:45
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Do you think that new comers can't see the clique mentality that exists in the forums?

    You should give people more credit than you do. It probably has to do with that tunnel vision you have.

    I ask a few questions about the prose competition and all of a sudden you think I am trying to derail it...What a joke, or just plain mis-leading statemen you m ...[text shortened]... othing new for us, just happened to be in the precious Culture Forum, instead of the GF is all.
    The only clique mentality here is the one in your own head between your multiple idiotic personalities; and as usual you join a well intentioned thread and bring nothing to it except your misplaced protectionist vigilante paranoia.
  10. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    12 Apr '10 00:06
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    It was in the General Forum - Thread 128815.

    And your first few posts on the topic were the usual accusations about the Friends Group. You only posted questions in the other Prose Competition thread after HoH and CFT responded to your original trolling attempts.
    ROFLMAO....Is that how you saw it?

    I made no accusations, if the truth hurts you, I can not help that. Perhaps change the company you keep.
  11. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    12 Apr '10 00:09
    Please folks, let's get back on topic. I'm one who'd never put my face on a public page, but I like to see those who are brave enough to do so. Games Explorer seems to be able to run independently of the main site, so if we raise enough support we could persuade Russ that an integrated RHPfaces site would be a profitable extra.
  12. Standard member Crowley
    Not Aleister
    13 Apr '10 10:33
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Mostly, I got lazy about updating the site. Sorry. But also, when I offered to revamp it, Crowley said I shouldn't bother, because he was going to build something to replace it... that might have been a couple of years ago. Maybe I should rename the site to Young RHPfaces.

    It would be very nice, though, if RHP allowed subscribers to upload photos to their own profile "album" on this site.
    Yes, I had started something. It's probably about 40% finished, but running 2 businesses now and trying to raise 2 daughters has killed off my free time a bit.
    I will look to actually get this on track again.
    I'd like to have a place for Faces, as well as competitions ie. Prose comps that will work better than the forums.

    Between Daemon Sin and me, we've worked out a way to confirm RHP usernames cross-site, so I'll spare some time to get this a least in beta form.
  13. Subscriber divegeester
    Naughtius Maximus
    14 Apr '10 19:41
    There is a lot of "nostalgia" comment in the forums, which I presume reflects a desire from people to see progress and/or a return to form. Those who commit to give time to bring improvements should be applauded.










    *can I have my money now?
  14. Standard member Gatecrasher
    Whale watching
    15 Apr '10 10:24
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Yes, I had started something. It's probably about 40% finished, but running 2 businesses now and trying to raise 2 daughters has killed off my free time a bit.
    I will look to actually get this on track again.
    I'd like to have a place for Faces, as well as competitions ie. Prose comps that will work better than the forums.

    Between Daemon Sin and me, we ...[text shortened]... confirm RHP usernames cross-site, so I'll spare some time to get this a least in beta form.
    That's good news.
  15. Subscriber duecer
    anybody seen my
    19 Apr '10 13:12 / 1 edit
    This August will be 4 years on this site (where does the time go?). For me, and for many, these are the salad days, these are indeed the good old days. I visited the rhp faces site and recognized only 40% of the people there. It's definitely time for an update, or something new.