1. CN85nm
    Moves
    01 Jul '05 04:31
    Has the feature of resigning while waiting for the opponent to move been discussed yet?

What do you think?
  2. Behind you...
    Moves
    01 Jul '05 08:12
    I think that's against "chess policy". This forum is to discuss ways to change/better our site, not change the rules of chess completely.
  3. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    01 Jul '05 08:48
    Also it has been discussed numerous times. The thing to remember is that your opponent may very well blunder as bad as you did. Best to wait and see how bad they reply, or if they miss the blunder before giving up all hope.

Never underestimate your opponents ability to screw up worse then you.
  4. CN85nm
    Moves
    01 Jul '05 10:07
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture
    I think that's against "chess policy". This forum is to discuss ways to change/better our site, not change the rules of chess completely.
    Ah, I did not know it was against USCF rules to resign on the opponents move. Thank you for the heads-up!

f
  5. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    01 Jul '05 10:11
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    Also it has been discussed numerous times. The thing to remember is that your opponent may very well blunder as bad as you did. Best to wait and see how bad they reply, or if they miss the blunder before giving up all hope.

Never underestimate your opponents ability to screw up worse then you.
    had a game recently where I blundered and my opponent was up and was going to resign but decided maybe I could pull it back if I could get a pawn march going... suffice to say he blundered and I ended up winning...

just stressing Nyxie`s point
  6. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    01 Jul '05 10:23
    Originally posted by ravenswood
    Ah, I did not know it was against USCF rules to resign on the opponents move. Thank you for the heads-up!

f
    It isn't against the rules to resign while it is your opponent's move.
    This has been discussed a number of times before, and it seems to be an enhancement which would nobody has any arguement against.
  7. CN85nm
    Moves
    05 Jul '05 05:30
    Here's what the USCF director has to say:

"Colleen Dunne, chesskinetics@cqservices.com:

Hi, Frank!

The player has the right to resign any time he wants to during a game of chess, no matter whose move it is. However, checkmate (and resignation) ends the game.

Pax, Alex Dunne
    USCF CC Director"

Hope that clears up any question on the need to have the option to resign on the opponents move.

f
  8. Home
    Moves
    05 Jul '05 05:36
    It would be nice, but it is not a good idea, If you going to resign think of it a head of time and not because you don't want to wait 21 days for a nonmover!!! And if it is because of a stupid move wait you turn, becides it is more fun to be made fun of!!!
  9. CN85nm
    Moves
    05 Jul '05 05:43
    More fun, but being able to resign at any time fits better to chess rules and guidelines. Which we're all about, no? 8)
  10. Home
    Moves
    05 Jul '05 05:50
    Originally posted by ravenswood
    More fun, but being able to resign at any time fits better to chess rules and guidelines. Which we're all about, no? 8)
    If that is what the rules say fine by me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree