1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 14:58
    Originally posted by Macpo
    I agree leagues should be given back their importance; although, I am not sure reshuffling the teams for every new league is that productive, people will just take it less seriously (and we want seriousness!!) I would rather give it a strong symbolic place, (like on the first page of rhp - let us dream); and symbolic titles, for this is what makes people work... (like "team champion RHP 2010" on people's profiles... that makes you dream, I am certain)
    OK, let's say team A starts out with mostly players over 2000, and thus rises rapidly up to Division 1.

But then most of the 2000's leave, or get banned for cheating. They are replaced with lower rated players - 1700, 1600, 1400, 1300 etc. and still they travail in Div 1, getting destroyed in game after game.

I fail to see how keeping the divisions static leads to people taking them seriously when such things are possible.

Once a team loses the core of strong players, they're the same team in name only.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 15:241 edit
    well, I guess this is why they can go down a division, if they are too bad. I get your point, but then, I find it interesting to have challenges, like: we want to go to 1st division, we have to win during two seasons to from 3rd to 1st division.
    Then, I would agree on the idea that if a cheater gets caught, his team just go down a division or two automatically. That will force some teams to be a bit more careful on who they enrol. and that may also give more stability to the teams I guess... (you prefer to have people you know a bit...)
    and then, considering all this, I don't think it will happen that much that from one season to another, all the good players of one team leave. sometimes, but not so often that division don't make sense...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree