Revise rec system again

Revise rec system again

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
22 Oct 06

It seems two solutions were made for the same problem; remove rec count and installation of montly rec limit.

The removal of the rec count would have probably solved any perceived problems with the rec system.

The way the recommended page works means that if people have to wait for recs to free up, then a week may well pass before they can rec a post, which means that highly recced posts may not show up on the recommended page, as evidenced in 1 of my site ideas...
Thread 52938

The system can be revised in one of two ways. Remove Rec limit or make the rec limit a weekly/daily thing.

D

N

The sky

Moves
22 Oct 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
It seems two solutions were made for the same problem; remove rec count and installation of montly rec limit.

The removal of the rec count would have probably solved any perceived problems with the rec system.

The way the recommended page works means that if people have to wait for recs to free up, then a week may well pass before they can rec a pos ...[text shortened]... e revised in one of two ways. Remove Rec limit or make the rec limit a weekly/daily thing.

D
That brings up another point. Even if there's no wreck limit, sometimes a post comes to people's attention several days after it was posted for various reasons. What about showing the posts which were wrecked during the last few days in the wreck list, rather than the wrecked posts which were posted during the last few days?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
22 Oct 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
That brings up another point. Even if there's no wreck limit, sometimes a post comes to people's attention several days after it was posted for various reasons. What about showing the posts which were wrecked during the last few days in the wreck list, rather than the wrecked posts which were posted during the last few days?
Good point.

D

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
22 Oct 06

The way the recommended page works means that if people have to wait for recs to free up, then a week may well pass before they can rec a pos ...[text shortened]... e revised in one of two ways. Remove Rec limit or make the rec limit a weekly/daily thing.

D
I agree. Sledgehammer and nut are two words that spring to mind.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Oct 06

Originally posted by invigorate
I agree. Sledgehammer and nut are two words that spring to mind.
I'm guessing most here would agree that sledgehammer and nuts are two words that should never be in the same sentence.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
23 Oct 06

Remove Rec limit or make the rec limit a weekly/daily thing.
I vote for the former.

I'd rec this post, but I don't want to lose my precious recs.

Nemesio

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
23 Oct 06

Another possibility would be to do away with recommended posts altogether.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
23 Oct 06

Originally posted by Suzianne
I'm guessing most here would agree that sledgehammer and nuts are two words that should never be in the same sentence.
Ah iza hearin you on that one sister.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
23 Oct 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
I disagree. Personally I prefer as it is, since it seems that some posts are recced BECAUSE they're on the rec list. This could make some posts stick longer than they should (IMO), even if there's always the argument that if it keeps being recced, it means new people are enjoying it.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
24 Oct 06

How many threads are there about wrecks?

I suggest you guys go cold turkey and just forget that wrecks exist.