1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    06 May '07 04:41
    I notice that some in here seem to know the first name of the site owner or manager or whatever he or she is. I don't. I think it would be cool to put a human face and name on whoever it is that is lurking behind the RHP curtain.

Lot's of sites have an "about us" type of page. If RHP has one, please do not flame me out.
  2. Joined
    24 Mar '05
    Moves
    06 May '07 09:13
    Originally posted by coquette
    I notice that some in here seem to know the first name of the site owner or manager or whatever he or she is. I don't. I think it would be cool to put a human face and name on whoever it is that is lurking behind the RHP curtain.

Lot's of sites have an "about us" type of page. If RHP has one, please do not flame me out.
    I'm not sure if there's an about us page, but I think the admins are
    User 1 and User 4.

I think so, anyway....
  3. The sky
    Moves
    06 May '07 09:23
    Originally posted by coquette

If there is one, it must be very difficult to find. I agree that it would be nice to have. If you read the forums (especially Announcements), it's relatively easy to figure out who the site administrators are (Russ and Chris), and they are also on RHP Faces (http://www.formstar.net/rhpfaces/pr/russ.html and http://www.formstar.net/rhpfaces/cd/chrismo.html), but if you are new to the site, you won't know where to look. An "About us" page could also have some stuff about the history of the site.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 May '07 09:28
    "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hot_Pawn" says:

URL http://www.redhotpawn.com/
    Commercial? yes
    Type of site Correspondence chess server
    Available language(s): English
    Owner Russell Newman and Chris Moreton
    Created by Russell Newman and Chris Moreton

Launched 2001
    Current status active
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 May '07 15:42
    The people that post here will eventually figure out who they are. I don't see the point in them needing to broadcast who they are. This is their only tiny bit of privacy they have, you need to stick around a bit to figure it out.

If it were up to me, only Pawn Stars could know who they are.

P-
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    06 May '07 16:45
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    The people that post here will eventually figure out who they are. I don't see the point in them needing to broadcast who they are. This is their only tiny bit of privacy they have, you need to stick around a bit to figure it out.

P-
    Well, you are pretty much right. I eventually started to figure it out, and i guess only after i got my gold star . . . but . .well .. . . .that hardly works from the perspective of marketing . .

I didn't realize that it was their business plan, you know, keep RHP obscure and esoteric. (acknowledgement to Jack Black in that movie about the record shop)
  7. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    06 May '07 17:18
    Originally posted by the one00
    I'm not sure if there's an about us page, but I think the admins are
    User 1 and User 4.

I think so, anyway....
    Are you kidding? The admins are not yet 1200? Where is the link to the getting to 1400 thread?
  8. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    06 May '07 23:34
    Originally posted by z00t
    Are you kidding? The admins are not yet 1200? Where is the link to the getting to 1400 thread?
    To be honest, I think they'd prefer your money to your advice.
  9. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    07 May '07 06:55
    Good point Dot
  10. The sky
    Moves
    07 May '07 08:24
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
    They are running a business. It seems a bit unusual that there's no information whatsoever about who runs it, where it is located etc. It's awkward to send site feedback without having any idea whom it's sent to. I guess some people might also feel uncomfortable about subscribing to a site if they can't find any information about who runs it.
  11. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    07 May '07 12:15
    Originally posted by dottewell
    To be honest, I think they'd prefer your money to your advice.
    Do you have a linear or trigonometric function to prove your claims? Name three sources to back it up.
  12. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    07 May '07 12:15
    Originally posted by z00t
    Do you have a linear or trigonometric function to prove your claims? Name three sources to back it up.
    You're still upset that your "padding" thread turned out to be a shambles, eh?
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 May '07 12:50
    Originally posted by dottewell
    You're still upset that your "padding" thread turned out to be a shambles, eh?
    You spelled "threads' wrong.

P-
  14. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    07 May '07 13:08
    While it is unlikey the fuzz will ever come knocking, RHP is currently in breach of the UK's e-commerce regulations and thus the Companies Act. See the "Minimum information to be provided" section of
    http://www.out-law.com/page-431

So, while not requiring a 'bio', there is a requirment for an "about us" section with minimum standards of the info that must be available there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree