1. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    06 May '09 11:09
    Originally posted by uzless
    There should be a section called the "Hall of Fame"

The best posts from the Forums could be voted on each year in a special section. Each post should have the posters name removed to avoid biasness.

You could have a Hall of Fame for each forum.

I suggest limiting the number of posts that could enter the Hall of fame each year to only 1 or 2. Only the best!
    What is the point of a "Hall of Fame" when the original poster is not acknowledged?

😕
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 May '09 13:45
    Originally posted by adramforall
    What is the point of a "Hall of Fame" when the original poster is not acknowledged?

😕
    Plus you can easily search the forums for the text, and find who it was anyway.

It would be a popularity contest, since it is easy enough to find the post if you have half a brain.

There is a laundry list of reasons this is a bad idea.

P-
  3. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    06 May '09 14:311 edit
    Originally posted by adramforall

😕
    the original posters name would be deleted during the voting process but of course would be shown after it entered the Hall of Fame.
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    06 May '09 14:321 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

There is a laundry list of reasons this is a bad idea.

P-
    let's hear 'em.

If you think it would become a popularity contest, you could give a weighting. 50% if you are in the same clan and 50% to those not in your clan/club.

But really, how many skids would actually take the time to search out the person's name?? Man, that's just sad.
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    06 May '09 14:41
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Where did you give reasons why it might be a good idea? All I can see is a description of how you imagine it to work.
    Look, this isn't an argument...it's just contradiction.

I can't go on arguing until someone posts reasons why it is a bad idea.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 May '09 15:41
    There should be a section called the "Hall of Fame"

The best posts from the Forums could be voted on each year in a special section. Each post should have the posters name removed to avoid biasness.

You could have a Hall of Fame for each forum.

I suggest limiting the number of posts that could enter the Hall of fame each year to only 1 or 2. Only the best!
    No.

* What exactly would be the criteria for a good post? You can probably fill one or more threats just discussing this point.
    * Most "good posts" (many recs are an answer to something. So people slapping on another have a high entertainment value, but the single posts wouldn't be interesting in the least.
    * Who votes how? Given the experience in online forums and aslo in the forums around point to the fact that people begin grouping applauding everything from their own group and ridiculing everything anybody else says.

* Since this is a chess site, should chess play a role in the quality? Ah here we are already in the crtieria debate noted above.

In fact to have insightful posts collected somewehre would be great. Someone could begin to gather them (for example in Chandlers corner) and safe them for the people of coming eons.
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    06 May '09 21:08
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    No.

* What exactly would be the criteria for a good post? You can probably fill one or more threats just discussing this point.
    * Most "good posts" (many recs are an answer to something. So people slapping on another have a high entertainment value, but the single posts wouldn't be interesting in the least.
    * Who votes how? Given the experience in on ...[text shortened]... to gather them (for example in Chandlers corner) and safe them for the people of coming eons.
    I'd envision it like the baseball Hall of Fame.

Each RHP poster would be allowed to vote once.

A combination of a minimum number of votes and percentage of total votes would be required to enter the Hall of Fame.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 May '09 21:40
    I'd envision it like the baseball Hall of Fame.

Each RHP poster would be allowed to vote once.

A combination of a minimum number of votes and percentage of total votes would be required to enter the Hall of Fame.
    Here is a direct link to the RHP Forum Post Hall Of Fame

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/search.php?authorname=darvlay
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    07 May '09 05:46
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Here is a direct link to the RHP Forum Post Hall Of Fame

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/search.php?authorname=uzless
    fixed
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 May '09 09:01
    I don't believe my eyes reading this thread. Voting for postings that should go to the hall of fame? Are someone kidding us? This line of reasoning is rediculous from the beginning to the end.

There is already a way to vote. It's called recommend. If you reccomend a posting, then they have a vote for the hall-of-fame. You can see what posting got the most recommendations since 7 days. It's this one right now:

"Your avatar could be considered offensive to those that suffered under murderous Communist regimes.
    I think you should remove it or you could be considered a hypocrite, which would hardly be the first time."

This is the most reccomended posting of this week! This kind of postings is what people will vote for. Is this the kind of postings we will have in the hall-of-fame? Yes, probably.

So now it's time to laugh! 😀
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    07 May '09 13:51
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

This is the most reccomended posting of this week! This kind of postings is what people will vote for. Is this the kind of postings we will have in the hall-of-fame? Yes, probably.

You don't know what will be in there. You are just giving your opinion.

Opinions are useless. You have no proof. You have ineuendo and extrapolation.

Rec's are giving out rather casually. We get 30/month to dish out.

The Hall of Fame would be different because you'd only get ONE vote so you would have to make it a good one.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 May '09 16:441 edit
    You don't know what will be in there. You are just giving your opinion.

Opinions are useless. You have no proof. You have ineuendo and extrapolation.

Rec's are giving out rather casually. We get 30/month to dish out.

The Hall of Fame would be different because you'd only get ONE vote so you would have to make it a good one.
    The quality of your "Hall-of-Fame" will be that of recommendations of today. That's my opinion.
    You think the quality of your "Hall-of-Fame" will be of much more of quality. That's your opinion.
    I don't have to prove my opinion. You don't have to prove your opinion.
    Let's vote on that. --- Seems that your proposal has ben voted down, considering the answers you got in this thread.

When the quality of the current recommendation system is higher, perhaps it will be in time, i will reconsider. Until then...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree