The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Is it something to do with Kevin Bacon?
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 16:071 edit
    SUGGESTIONS:

1. The Moderators should be able to remove Clan or Club names which are abusive.

2. We should be able to have a Mod we can PM, if we have any questions. All it would take is to know who is on at any given time.

3. In warnings from Mods there is no way to reply and discuss anything. I believe a reply button would have many benefits, and solve mis-understandings, which now can take quite some time to resolve.

4. For the most part I believe the Moderators do a good job, even if I don't always agree with them. On a personal note, I really have seen improvements, since I arrived much to the delight of many in Oct, 2006. I believe like in the work place in the real world, there is always room for improvements.

Bumped for Daemon Sin: this is what the thread is about.
    Your comments are most certainly welcome.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 16:16
    Oddly enough, 42.
  4. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 16:28
    I sent feedback...this should be implemented in no time. šŸ˜µ
  5. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 18:581 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I've pointed this out before, but the TOS expressly states that:

In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract

"Legal age to form a binding contract" is at least 18 in the US and everywhere I know of. So, why exactly should the moderation policies take into acc knows that's laughable) when, if they are using the site, they are in violation of the TOS?
    Actually it should say legal capacity which would also exclude you as well due to your obvious mental impairment.

Regarding making the site safe, I think that the acid question would be whether or not it was forseeable that minors might be on the site.

Hmmmm...minors on a chess site

I guess there is no way that might happen.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Jun '09 02:02
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Actually it should say legal capacity which would also exclude you as well due to your obvious mental impairment.

Regarding making the site safe, I think that the acid question would be whether or not it was forseeable that minors might be on the site.

Hmmmm...minors on a chess site

I guess there is no way that might happen.
    Your ideas as to the law are about as stupid as every other idea you have.
  7. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    17 Jun '09 02:40
    So what it is still a good idea. Stop being petty, Al Gore invented the Internet, now they have it throughout the government and even teaching it in schools. Modding was my idea first and I should have the right to mod because of it. Give me, give me, give me credit. I want credit.

Never let pettiness get in the way of a good idea.

If at first you don't succeed try, try again. Keep hope alive.

I mod you.
  8. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    17 Jun '09 02:49
    Perhaps it's not what you say it's how you say it. Moses led the people to the promised land by way of way too may years running around in the desert apparently lost, but it took someone else to actually take the people in. Look just join in and stop being pessimistic. Get on bored and be a man, you know you want to.
  9. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    17 Jun '09 02:51
    Well, it was my proposal then so VR had to attack it and me.
    It took a while to convince him. You win, now take credit and stop whining.
  10. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    17 Jun '09 02:51
    I'm against it now because Rusty's in favor of it.
    Brat.
  11. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    17 Jun '09 13:36
    I'm against it now because Rusty's in favor of it.
    Quick Rusty, make a post about you being AGAINST no1 leaving the site!
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Jun '09 17:01
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    You are bad!
    There isn't anyone I can honestly say I would like to see leave the site. We have our banter back and forth, sometimes we get a little carried away. NO, there is no one I would want to see leave the site including #1.

I would like to get your comments on the "Site Idea", which has I am told been brought up before by CFT, 'no one', Phlabby, etc., this is what this thread is for. Thank You.
  13. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    18 Jun '09 12:55
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    RNSOA
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Jun '09 13:08
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    SUGGESTIONS:

1. The Moderators should be able to remove Clan or Club names which are abusive.

2. We should be able to have a Mod we can PM, if we have any questions. All it would take is to know who is on at any given time.

3. In warnings from Mods there is no way to reply and discuss anything. I believe a reply button would have many benefits, a ...[text shortened]... 006. I believe like in the work place in the real world, there is always room for improvements.
    My comments:

1. Opposed. Enough stuff gets removed under the system now.

2. Opposed. Can't a Mod just get on and play chess without being bothered if they so desire? There's no reason to know which Mods are on at any given time.

3. A great idea; why didn't I think of it?
  15. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    18 Jun '09 16:20
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    You are bad!
    There isn't anyone I can honestly say I would like to see leave the site. We have our banter back and forth, sometimes we get a little carried away. NO, there is no one I would want to see leave the site including #1.

I would like to get your comments on the "Site Idea", which has I am told been brought up before by CFT, 'no one', Phlabby, etc., this is what this thread is for. Thank You.

They should have the ability to remove (or at least hide from public viewing until the Admin can decide on it) any content from public viewing. Posts, clan names, clubs, avatars, locations, profiles - the lot.

I reckon they should make all of the moderating on the site completely anonymous and remove list of moderator names. There's far too many personal vendetta's and undue negativity against the moderators - all credit it to them for putting up with it for so long. All mod to user communication should be done through the Forum Moderator account(s).

3. In warnings from Mods there is no way to reply and discuss anything. I believe a reply button would have many benefits, and solve mis-understandings, which now can take quite some time to resolve.

Following on from point 2, allow people to reply to Forum Moderator PM's.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree