1. Joined
    05 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 18:311 edit
    Sometimes it is not possible due the one opponent ratings filter. I think that losing the first game the player should have right to revenge despite of opponents settings and without pm. At least during some short time.🙄
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 18:44

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 20:51
    That would be damn anoying...
  4. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 10:54
    Originally posted by taadi31
    Sometimes it is not possible due the one opponent ratings filter. I think that losing the first game the player should have right to revenge despite of opponents settings and without pm. At least during some short time.🙄
    Sorry taadi31, but I reckon this is a poor idea, if I could give it a -rec I would!

I don't know about others, but there are some people I would choose not to replay for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to:
    - They timed out early in the game
    - They waited to be timed out in a lost position
    - The difference between the standard of my play and the opponent was too great to make it a worthwhile contest, in either direction
    - I'm trying to cut down my gameload at that point
    - I'm already playing them in a tournament and/or clan challenge

Feel free to criticise these reasons, or add your own! I wonder how big this list could get... 😛
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 13:43
    It is my right to refuse such a rematch?
    Then I don't mind to be challenged of a rematch. I just delete the game if I don't agree on the game.
    If I'm forced to take up a rematch, of any reason, then I don't like the idea.
  6. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 15:05
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    It is my right to refuse such a rematch?
    Then I don't mind to be challenged of a rematch. I just delete the game if I don't agree on the game.
    If I'm forced to take up a rematch, of any reason, then I don't like the idea.
    The facility for offering a rematch already exists on the game screen at the end of the game, and in the email at the end (if you have emails enabled). So I'm guessing the suggestion is for forced rematcheds.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 15:07
    When someone offers a rematch it gets set at 3 days timeout + 7 days timebank - I think it should automatically go to the same settings as the first match.
    Sometimes you can be duped otherwise.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 18:05
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    The facility for offering a rematch already exists on the game screen at the end of the game, and in the email at the end (if you have emails enabled). So I'm guessing the suggestion is for forced rematcheds.
    I thought that a rematch is only possible when it is met by the "Challenge filter" and "Game Limits" in the "Challenge Preferences"? In that case I have to open my opponent rights to rematch me by putting him into the "My Buddies List".

But you say that an opponent always have the opportunity to rematch me (and I have to delet the game if I don't approve the challenge?

I didn't know that...
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 18:18
    I don't support giving sore losers a right to force a 2nd game. Seems that they're often the ones who want a rematch the most.

Furthermore, it does no good to 'force' a rematch on this site, because the other player could simply delete the game without making a move.
  10. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 16:22
    This is a bad idea for lots of reasons. I think if your opponent does not want a rematch after a pm asking for one, You need to accept you loss and move on. You got beat! Accept it. Thats chess.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree