1. Internet
    Moves
    10 Feb '05 16:56
    It's the lack of high rated players that keeps the top players ratings below 2500, not the rating algorithm. As Quirine says, the pool of high rated players keeps growing so players like Ironman will still be able to increase their ratings. When I started playing on RHP less than a year ago, a 2100 rating would secure you a place in the top 3--nowadays it's not enough to make it to the first page...

I agree that it's nice to get the opportunity to play high rated players, but even if K was set to 32 for everybody, Ironman wouldn't gain anything from defeating players below 1700...
  2. Gloucestershire , UK
    Moves
    14 Feb '05 11:37
    If more people are constantly joining the site then there are more and more points added to the pool so there is nothing stopping these ratings rocketing up passed 3000+ given enough time and enough games,

i agree there is a trend at the minute for people's rating to carry on increasing

for example if i remeber rightly when i joined ironman was about 2200 ( i think) now hes 2400+ in the space of the time i've been here, will it continue to rise
  3. Joined
    25 Feb '04
    Moves
    15 Feb '05 04:01
    RISK, lol, 😏😏😏😏😏
  4. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    15 Feb '05 04:512 edits
    Originally posted by soulby
    If more people are constantly joining the site then there are more and more points added to the pool so there is nothing stopping these ratings rocketing up passed 3000+ given enough time and enough games,

i agree there is a trend at the ...[text shortened]... in the space of the time i've been here, will it continue to rise
    when new-users join ... there are no "points added to the pool" ... for their first five games they have a rating of 1200 ... this is the only fixed point in the rhp ratings .... the ability of the average new-user sets the base against which the rest of us will be compared

like a tree growing, ironman31 simply takes time to gain height, but he will not increase his rating forever ... there will be a limit ... his rating will eventually reflect how much more able he is than the average new-user.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree