RSS Feeds

Standard memberChakan
Site Ideas 25 Oct '05 11:14
  1. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    25 Oct '05 11:14
    How about RSS feeds from redhotpawn...

would this be possible? You could subscribe to them for the forums and this could possibly replace the email option when you have moves waiting?
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 00:10
    And letting you know you can subscribe for a tournament.
  3. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 02:39
    Originally posted by Aiko
    And letting you know you can subscribe for a tournament.
    Yes, good idea.
  4. Alnwick
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 12:07
    good idea have a rec.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 12:16
    I had created an RSS feed sometime back, but it was never released due to concerns about wasted resources. An RSS reader could continually query the site even when, say, you are away for weekend.

If readers could be forced to behave responsibly, this would not be a concern. Maybe I should revisit the technology again to see what is being commonly used.

-Russ
  6. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 12:19
    Originally posted by Russ
    I had created an RSS feed sometime back, but it was never released due to concerns about wasted resources. An RSS reader could continually query the site even when, say, you are away for weekend.

If readers could be forced to behave responsibly, this would not be a concern. Maybe I should revisit the technology again to see what is being commonly used.

-Russ
    true true...

Have a look at googles desktop they have a rss reader in there.... not sure how often it checks and updates... But it is a very handy tool.

http://desktop.google.com/
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 12:57
    Only yesterday I installed goggle desktop (the enterprise version), but nailed it right down first to prevent external access. I just wanted it to index my email (which it does brilliantly)

And there is an API for it (C# I believe), so plenty of opportunity to write a quick plug in for all kinds of behaviour.

-Russ
  8. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 13:16
    Originally posted by Russ
    Only yesterday I installed goggle desktop (the enterprise version), but nailed it right down first to prevent external access. I just wanted it to index my email (which it does brilliantly)

And there is an API for it (C# I believe), so plenty of opportunity to write a quick plug in for all kinds of behaviour.

-Russ
    Installed the beta version a few weeks ago, and must say i`m very impressed! Altho i wish they did weather for other countries not just US. But yeah there is a lot of possibly to write a few add-ons.
  9. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    31 May '07 23:23
    major bump 😛

It's the year 2007 and I demand a RSS feed 😀