1. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    16 Dec '08 06:491 edit
    Since there was a heated debate in Anouncements Thread 105089 I suggest that clear rules on time-out suspension should be defined and obeyed.

My suggestion: Time-outs are suspended only if the site was down for an appreciable amount of time (say more than 10 minutes).

I can't see that email notificiation would be a good reason. Even if some people rely on the system to be informed that their opponent has moved in most cases a day doesn't mean anything. (Exception is a 1day timout game, but in this circumstance I can't help wondering about the mental state of a person who is relying on mails instead of daily checking or taking apporpriate measures like vacation)
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    16 Dec '08 09:48
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Since there was a heated debate in Anouncements Thread 105089 I suggest that clear rules on time-out suspension should be defined and obeyed.

My suggestion: Time-outs are suspended only if the site was down for an appreciable amount of time (say more than 10 minutes).

I can't see that email notificiation would be a good reason. Even if ...[text shortened]... o is relying on mails instead of daily checking or taking apporpriate measures like vacation)
    There was a clear rule defined on time-out suspension - wait 48 hours so the backlog in the email queue can clear.
  3. The sky
    Moves
    16 Dec '08 09:56
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    There was a clear rule defined on time-out suspension - wait 48 hours so the backlog in the email queue can clear.
    I think what he meant was "clear rules that I like".
  4. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    16 Dec '08 12:20
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I think what he meant was "clear rules that I like".
    No. I meant clear rules. Not an anouncement.

Of course the suspebnsion of time-out should also be announced.

If the rule is: timeouts are suspended whenever it is anounced, then ok

If the rule is timeouts whenever the mailing system is malfunctioning: so be it. But lets have some clear criteria.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree