1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Dec '08 18:211 edit
    Due to our email queues stalling, we have suspended all timeouts to allow the delayed notifications to be sent. (edit : and for people to respond to the emails)

If you have been making moves today, you may receive notifications for games you have already moved in. This is just a result of the queued up mail not being sent and not a bug to be reported.

I will post an update once all mail queues are clear.

edit : Timeouts will be suspended for 48 hours.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Dec '08 18:54
    All email queues are now now clear and email is being sent without any further delay.

I will post again here once the suspension has been lifted.
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    13 Dec '08 22:43
    While you are at it why not open your PM's
  4. Nixa, MO USA
    Moves
    14 Dec '08 15:51
    IF all email que's are now open and running, why not end the time-out suspension NOW???
  5. Joined
    26 Oct '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '08 16:26
    I agree with Gary, am trying to reduce my game list and if the guys can't commit to there games then they must forfit...
  6. Joined
    07 May '07
    Moves
    14 Dec '08 18:20
    Originally posted by Russ
    All email queues are now now clear and email is being sent without any further delay.

I will post again here once the suspension has been lifted.
    Lift the suspension please.
  7. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    14 Dec '08 18:28
    Originally posted by Gary Thomas
    IF all email que's are now open and running, why not end the time-out suspension NOW???
    The logic is - I may have been in a position to make a move but received no notification that it was my turn. I have now gone away for the weekend but come back to a loss as it was a 3/0 game.
  8. Joined
    07 May '07
    Moves
    14 Dec '08 18:49
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    The logic is - I may have been in a position to make a move but received no notification that it was my turn. I have now gone away for the weekend but come back to a loss as it was a 3/0 game.
    Notification is a courtesy, but should not be necessary.
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '08 19:30
    Originally posted by vlachster
    Notification is a courtesy, but should not be necessary.
    Correspondence chess is conducted by corresponding via emails - how is that a courtesy? It's the main part of it. 😲
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '08 19:45
    I think everyone will survive some hours, or a day or two, and survive the experience. That's just a guess on my part, however.
  11. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    14 Dec '08 22:33
    He he, I had wondered why I was not getting timed out in one of my games. The vacation is going up tomorrow, which will buy me a few more weeks....
  12. Nixa, MO USA
    Moves
    14 Dec '08 23:11
    I believe the poster was refering to the 24 hour notification card, which is a courtesy and not required!
  13. Los Angeles
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 01:25
    I have three skulls ( tournament & clan way overdue )
    Unfair, I make my moves on time. If they move in this period I'm back to 14 days a move. At this rate I'll probably expire prior to games end. Unfair!!!!
  14. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 02:52
    When, exactly and precisely, can I click those skulls? We should be told in advance the exact time the timeout suspension will be lifted. I make my moves within the time constraints because I check the site regularily, and I don't need email notifications to do so, although it's nice to receive them. Why am I being penalised for following the rules?
  15. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 04:431 edit
    Originally posted by AttilaTheHorn
    When, exactly and precisely, can I click those skulls? We should be told in advance the exact time the timeout suspension will be lifted. I make my moves within the time constraints because I check the site regularily, and I don't need email notifications to do so, although it's nice to receive them. Why am I being penalised for following the rules?
    Didn't you read Russ's first post? It said the timeout suspension will be lifted in *48 hours* He posted that post on the 13th of December. 48 hours is 2 days, obviously, so you should be able to timeout your opponents about 1:21pm on the 15th. Do the math.

We should just be glad that we have someone as dedicated as Russ to fix these problems when they come up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree