1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 20:07
    Originally posted by mrmist
    To stop that you'd have to stop that group of people from entering banded tounies at all, until their actual rating moved closer to their floor rating. That's hardly fair.

Restricting entry paints everyone with a difference in rating as a deliberate sandbagger, when in fact there are a number of reasons why rating fluctuates. Such as upwards when people ...[text shortened]... at 2200 level timeout, or downards after forgetting to visit the site for a few weeks. D'Oh.
    Exactly. This is why I dislike the entire Tournament Entry Rating concept.

The root of the problem is that the rating is even allowed to drop 800 points in the first place. Such drops are usually caused by an absence from the site, and do not represent an actual decline in playing ability.

So yes, rather than trying to blame certain people for 'sandbagging' that may or may not be their fault, and use a fix that only works for SOME of the tournaments [and not clan challenges, clan leagues, open invites, sieges, and other forms of rated competition here], we should adopt rating floors, which stop the rating from dropping 800 points in the first place.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Apr '09 03:01
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I have no idea why a 1700 or 2000+ player on this site would want to litter their profile with low-banded tourney wins. They should be too embarrassed to do it.

Get the ratings floors figured out and put in play...

PLX!~

P-
    Rec'd ... The rating floors are long over due!
  3. Here
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 08:48
    Just wanted to keep this in mind and not forgotten

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree