Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 09 Apr '06 05:03
    To make up a new star that will be given to Helden when he reaches 300,000 moves. Otherwise, I'm not re-subscribing. Make it happen.
  2. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    09 Apr '06 10:45
    Yes, a new goal needs to be set for those 100.000+ players.
    Otherwise, I will come to a grinding hold after the next 24.000 moves.
  3. 09 Apr '06 12:07
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Yes, a new goal needs to be set for those 100.000+ players.
    Otherwise, I will come to a grinding hold after the next 24.000 moves.
    Russ, you have about a month to do absolutely nothing on this issue.

    Otherwise, Coconut will resubscribe and spend the next 12 months whinging about his PDA.
  4. Standard member Moldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    09 Apr '06 14:11
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Yes, a new goal needs to be set for those 100.000+ players.
    Otherwise, I will come to a grinding hold after the next 24.000 moves.
    I don't think someone who moves 100,000 times really needs further motivation to keep moving. (It's like trying to keep a chain smoker hooked.)

    But they should have a star that jumps naked out of a cake and does a hoochie coochie, or some such thing.
  5. Donation murrow
    penguinpuffin
    09 Apr '06 17:08
    what happened to the blurry star? that was cool.
  6. 10 Apr '06 02:54
    different stars sould be awarded for the following

    2,000 moves
    10,000 moves
    25,000 moves
    50,000 moves
    100,000 moves
    500,000 moves
    1,000,000 moves
    50,000,000 moves
    1,000,000,000 moves
  7. Standard member flexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    10 Apr '06 09:13 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by blindcheesecake
    different stars sould be awarded for the following

    2,000 moves
    10,000 moves
    25,000 moves
    50,000 moves
    100,000 moves
    500,000 moves
    1,000,000 moves
    50,000,000 moves
    1,000,000,000 moves
    1,000,000,000 moves !!!!!!!!

    we live 86400 seconds per day ... 31,536,000 seconds per year,

    1,000,000,000 moves requires playing for 31 years continuosly at one move per second ... this would be quite a feat !
  8. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    10 Apr '06 19:39
    I think I might achieve that, but the automation script will be a curse to my rating.
    And the server should keep up.
  9. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    10 Apr '06 22:30
    Here's an idea: Stars that recognize quality, not quantity.
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    10 Apr '06 22:55
    Originally posted by flexmore
    1,000,000,000 moves !!!!!!!!

    we live 86400 seconds per day ... 31,536,000 seconds per year,

    1,000,000,000 moves requires playing for 31 years continuosly at one move per second ... this would be quite a feat !
    IronMan could have done it without making a single blunder.
  11. 11 Apr '06 00:35 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Here's an idea: Stars
    Edit: I do agree with giving the current champion a small icon next to his/her name.
  12. 11 Apr '06 00:46
    When Helden reaches 300,000 his star will go supernova and wipe out all life on rhp
  13. 11 Apr '06 00:57
    I also agree that 300,000 is a strange place to offer a reward, so make it 200,000 or 250,000, just give it to him when he gets to 300,000.
  14. Standard member Drax946
    The Chess Clan
    11 Apr '06 02:21
    Wouldn't a scale more logarithmic be better? Just a thought or a stab at it might be:

    0 - 0 moves
    1 - 2,000 moves
    2 - 16,000 moves
    3 - 54,000 moves
    4 - 128,000 moves
    5 - 250,000 moves
    6 - 432,000 moves
    7 - 686,000 moves
    8 - 1,024,000 moves

    the formula being: 2000 * (tier# ^ 3)

    Just a thought.
  15. 11 Apr '06 16:26
    Originally posted by Drax946
    Wouldn't a scale more logarithmic be better? Just a thought or a stab at it might be:

    0 - 0 moves
    1 - 2,000 moves
    2 - 16,000 moves
    3 - 54,000 moves
    4 - 128,000 moves
    5 - 250,000 moves
    6 - 432,000 moves
    7 - 686,000 moves
    8 - 1,024,000 moves

    the formula being: 2000 * (tier# ^ 3)

    Just a thought.
    Maybe you have put a little too much thought into it.