1. 127.0.0.1
    Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    158564
    28 Aug '07 20:11
    I have tons of improvement I would love to see, including many clan enhancements, an update of the GamesExplorer and some forum updates. But chief among all ideas, I would love to know what Russ already deems improtant enough to be worked on so that I don't waste my time.
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    887499
    28 Aug '07 20:17
    that information is top secret.
  3. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    20541
    28 Aug '07 21:41
    In no particular order:

    1) Gamesexplorer update.
    2) Gamesexplorer update.
    3) Gamesexplorer update.
    4) Gamesexplorer update.
    5) Gamesexplorer update.
    6) Gamesexplorer update.
    7) Gamesexplorer update.
    8) Gamesexplorer update.
    9) Gamesexplorer update.
    10) Gamesexplorer update.

    Should keep Russ busy.
  4. The sky
    Joined
    05 Apr '05
    Moves
    10385
    28 Aug '07 21:46
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    In no particular order:

    1) Gamesexplorer update.
    2) Gamesexplorer update.
    3) Gamesexplorer update.
    4) Gamesexplorer update.
    5) Gamesexplorer update.
    6) Gamesexplorer update.
    7) Gamesexplorer update.
    8) Gamesexplorer update.
    9) Gamesexplorer update.
    10) Gamesexplorer update.

    Should keep Russ busy.
    You'd better put them in a particular order. Just think what might happen if he updates the gamesexplorer before updating the gamesexplorer, instead of updating the gamesexplorer before updating the gamesexplorer!
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    Joined
    23 Mar '04
    Moves
    207922
    28 Aug '07 22:30
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    In no particular order:

    1) Gamesexplorer update.
    2) Gamesexplorer update.
    3) Gamesexplorer update.
    4) Gamesexplorer update.
    5) Gamesexplorer update.
    6) Gamesexplorer update.
    7) Gamesexplorer update.
    8) Gamesexplorer update.
    9) Gamesexplorer update.
    10) Gamesexplorer update.

    Should keep Russ busy.
    0) Clan open invites.
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    29 Aug '07 00:02
    How about having a link to that game explorer on the interface?
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26450
    29 Aug '07 06:58
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    How about having a link to that game explorer on the interface?
    Haha - get firefox sucker. 😉
  8. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    29 Aug '07 12:51
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Haha - get firefox sucker. 😉
    I have firefox sucker.
  9. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    36332
    29 Aug '07 13:48
    Originally posted by zebano
    I have tons of improvement I would love to see, including many clan enhancements, an update of the GamesExplorer and some forum updates. But chief among all ideas, I would love to know what Russ already deems improtant enough to be worked on so that I don't waste my time.
    Thread 13877

    Russ gives a brief explanation of his opinion on the idea.
  10. USA
    Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    8808
    29 Aug '07 14:32
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Thread 13877

    Russ gives a brief explanation of his opinion on the idea.
    that "to do" list is 3 years old, and he's already done everything on it...doesn't mention anything onthe gamesexplorer, I thought Chris was the one who deals with the gamesexplorer...
  11. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    36332
    29 Aug '07 15:012 edits
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    that "to do" list is 3 years old, and he's already done everything on it...doesn't mention anything onthe gamesexplorer, I thought Chris was the one who deals with the gamesexplorer...
    Really? A 3 year old post doesn't mention anything on a 6 month old idea?! I wonder why not!

    This thread isn't just about the Games Explorer. Zebano's main point was that he'd like to see Russ post a "To-Do-List" so we can see what ideas are being (or will be) worked on. In the thread link I posted, Russ says in response to the question about posting a "To-Do-List":

    "I do occasionally mention what is scheduled in, but unfortunately, I don’t really like to publicly commit to something that may not happen for one reason or another."


    He also expresses a similar sentiment in Thread 20197:

    I would like to do this, but I fear people would be chasing me constantly for the 'their' features.


    In short; he doesn't want to publicise his "To-Do-List".
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26450
    29 Aug '07 16:061 edit
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    I have firefox sucker.
    Well, why don't you have the link to the games explorer?








    edit: sucker. 😏
  13. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    29 Aug '07 16:43
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Well, why don't you have the link to the games explorer?








    edit: sucker. 😏
    It must not be a feature of firefox then. You must have a script that you must be resistant to just mention.
  14. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Joined
    10 Sep '03
    Moves
    609023
    29 Aug '07 16:57
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    It must not be a feature of firefox then. You must have a script that you must be resistant to just mention.
    Install the Firefox extension:

    http://ouroboros.chessmob.org/rhp/extensions/rhp.xpi

    and it gives you kind of what you want. On every game page, you can look up the current position (15 moves deep) in the Games Explorer.
  15. 127.0.0.1
    Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    158564
    29 Aug '07 17:19
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Thread 13877

    Russ gives a brief explanation of his opinion on the idea.
    Wow. That is forum archeology on a scale that should have Wulebgr looking over his shoulder.
Back to Top