1. Joined
    21 Dec '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 10:17
    "Save notebook changes" button is available only when it's opponent's turn to move. And when it's my turn I have to use "Submit move". I find this annoying as often I want to make notes without making a move. So I have to to double-check that any piece was not moved accidentally. Wouldn't it be better to have that button available all the time?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 12:09
    Originally posted by iru
    "Save notebook changes" button is available only when it's opponent's turn to move. And when it's my turn I have to use "Submit move". I find this annoying as often I want to make notes without making a move. So I have to to double-check that any piece was not moved accidentally. Wouldn't it be better to have that button available all the time?
    You can change notes any time... your move or their move without making a move.

Don't move any pieces, and click Move button. Notes are saved.

P-
  3. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 13:04
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
    I believe his point is that you shouldn't have to click the move button. I agree. It shouldn't bee too big of a deal to have a "Save notebook changes" link when it's your move too.

It's definitely not intuitive that you have to click the submit move button to save a note.
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 13:07
    You can change notes any time... your move or their move without making a move.

P-
    FFS, Phlab. Get with the program.

Read his post again you mook!
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 13:122 edits
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    FFS, Phlab. Get with the program.

Read his post again you mook!
    I did... they believe they had to make a move.

They do not. Just click it and go.

How do you 'accidentally move a piece?' Use the analysis board for toying, as the main board is a waste for checking moves.

I do agree this is a good idea...

P-
  6. Joined
    21 Dec '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 17:451 edit
    How do you 'accidentally move a piece?' Use the analysis board for toying, as the main board is a waste for checking moves.
    P-
    Well how about this scenario: you decide about a move, make it in a main board, look at position once again and then decide it requires more thinking later. You make a note, forget to undo the move and press "submit" button... Oh sh**!!! Too late - the damage is done.

If this is not convincing enough think about simple concistency of user interface - why same thing is done 2 different ways depending on whos turn it is.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 18:45
    Originally posted by iru
    Well how about this scenario: you decide about a move, make it in a main board, look at position once again and then decide it requires more thinking later. You make a note, forget to undo the move and press "submit" button... Oh sh**!!! Too late - the damage is done.

If this is not convincing enough think about simple concistency of user interface - why same thing is done 2 different ways depending on whos turn it is.
    You learn the principle after your first mistake, I assure you.

But I agree - it is a little illogical.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 19:05
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

I only sent my notes as a message once in a game... JUST ONCE! Lucky for me my notes really mean nothing.

Like I said, it would be nice to have a clear button, rather than moving.

P-
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 19:15
    Originally posted by iru
    I brought this interface to Russ' attention when the new game screen was in Beta, but for some reason he decided on that inferior implementation.

It might be an easy enough script for ouroboros or other programmer to write a greasemonkey script to add a link saying "Save notebook changes" with the link "javascript:document.notebookform.issavenotebook.value='true';document.notebookform.submit();"
    so that it would work the exact same way as when it isn't your move.

D
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 19:161 edit
    I only sent my notes as a message once in a game...
    If I had to rate your comprehension skills in this thread in a scale of 1 to 10, I'd put it at about -5.4.

D
  11. Joined
    21 Dec '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 19:391 edit
    I've already learned the principle, even without making a first mistake. Just paying constant attention to this thing feels like a waste...
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 20:17
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    If I had to rate your comprehension skills in this thread in a scale of 1 to 10, I'd put it at about -5.4.

D
    I'm giving an alternative "only had to do that once" example. I've never accidentally made a move while editing my notes.

P-
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 22:17
    I'm giving an alternative "only had to do that once" example. I've never accidentally made a move while editing my notes.

P-

D
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 00:16

I've 'accidentally' moved 3 times in the past. 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree