Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Subscriber CeSinge
    CeSinge
    09 Dec '07 00:21
    Since some time, it is possible to save a notebook note when it's the other player's turn to play.
    Why is this not possible when it's my turn to play, without actually submitting the move?

    Oftentimes, I consider a move without immediately playing it - there's currently no way to save that thought - I'd think that would be easy to implement.
  2. 09 Dec '07 00:47
    Originally posted by CeSinge
    Since some time, it is possible to save a notebook note when it's the other player's turn to play.
    Why is this not possible when it's my turn to play, without actually submitting the move?

    Oftentimes, I consider a move without immediately playing it - there's currently no way to save that thought - I'd think that would be easy to implement.
    It is possible, just a bit unintuitive. You have to pretend to submit a move without actually moving a piece.
  3. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    09 Dec '07 23:28
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    It is possible, just a bit unintuitive. You have to pretend to submit a move without actually moving a piece.
    I've got a "Save notebook changes" link on my games, is that one of the extra Greasemonkey script functions?
  4. 09 Dec '07 23:34 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    I've got a "Save notebook changes" link on my games, is that one of the extra Greasemonkey script functions?
    You have that link when it's your move, too? It's not a Greasemonkey script I know of, guess I'll have to check it out.

    Edit: I can't find a script that does that.
  5. 10 Dec '07 00:32
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    You have that link when it's your move, too? It's not a Greasemonkey script I know of, guess I'll have to check it out.

    Edit: I can't find a script that does that.
    There's a script that gives you a global notebook of sorts. I tried it and I didn't like it.

    There's no real reason why you shouldn't be able to save a notebook change separate from the submit button when it's your move.
  6. 10 Dec '07 01:05
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    There's a script that gives you a global notebook of sorts. I tried it and I didn't like it.
    I know, I tried it as well and then never used it.