1. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    30 Mar '07 01:18
    Just another humble suggestion...It would be handy to have a way to save any given analysis and its moves into the personalized game notebook...that way, we would have the moves we analyzed written down...

Does this sound reasonable?
  2. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 00:40
    Come on...doesn't anyone else think this is a reasonable idea?
  3. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 02:13
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Just another humble suggestion...It would be handy to have a way to save any given analysis and its moves into the personalized game notebook...that way, we would have the moves we analyzed written down...

Does this sound reasonable?
    I'm pretty sure you can already do this with the notebook feature? Or is it not adequate for what you're thinking of?
  4. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 02:27
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    I'm pretty sure you can already do this with the notebook feature? Or is it not adequate for what you're thinking of?
    Yes, you could type your moves into the notebook feature, but Im talking about when analyzing games past two or three moves...rather than memorizing the moves and then typing them or rather than writing them and then typing them, it would be nice to be able to save a game analysis...especially if we could save them into our notebooks.
  5. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 02:53
    Yes, you could type your moves into the notebook feature, but Im talking about when analyzing games past two or three moves...rather than memorizing the moves and then typing them or rather than writing them and then typing them, it would be nice to be able to save a game analysis...especially if we could save them into our notebooks.
    I see. Yeah, that would be nice. Maybe it would be possible to interface something where you could copy the coding from the analysis board into the notebook and then be able to bring that position up later by copying it into a box (like the post a game link here in the forums). Like the puzzle boards people post in the forums. That'd be handy if it's possible.
  6. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 04:20
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    I see. Yeah, that would be nice. Maybe it would be possible to interface something where you could copy the coding from the analysis board into the notebook and then be able to bring that position up later by copying it into a box (like the post a game link here in the forums). Like the puzzle boards people post in the forums. That'd be handy if it's possible.
    Exactly what I had in mind.

Two supporters, and growing 🙂.
  7. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 16:11
    Exactly what I had in mind.

Two supporters, and growing 🙂.
    Make that three. 🙂
  8. Joined
    13 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 18:52
    Originally posted by lausey
    Make that three. 🙂
    Make that "FOUR" I am one of the ones that write the moves in paper and then copies them into the notebook
  9. Standard memberMrJohn
    A Chess Friend :-)
    Texas :-)
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 19:32
    Five. Having the analysis board list the moves for any particular variation I tried, so I could cut and paste those moves to the notebook, would be an enormous help to me.

What I do now is to shadow each of my RHP games in DBSchess, the email chess tool I used prior to discovering RHP. Unfortunately, DBSchess is not a java tool accessible from my computer at work. So, to really anaylze a position, I have to be at my home computer where my DBSchess copy of the game resides.

The RHP analysis board is better than nothing. But, this small improvement would be a *big* enhancement for serious analysis.

Thx! :-)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree