1. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 21:04
    What about a science forum? I'm sure there are many people willing to discuss things related to math, physics etc. Or is it supposed to be in Debates? I don't think so.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 21:26
    If there is any support from others for this, I would be happy to add it.

-Russ
  3. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 21:381 edit
    I made a post about this in general forum, because only a few people read Site Ideas comparing to General Forum.
  4. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 21:58
    Originally posted by kbaumen
    I made a post about this in general forum, because only a few people read Site Ideas comparing to General Forum.
    Currently this stuff tends to go into the puzzles forum but it is not really a good fit. Recc'd.
  5. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 22:10
    Originally posted by Russ
    If there is any support from others for this, I would be happy to add it.

-Russ
    I'm up for it.
  6. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 23:19
    Being a scientist I should support this but i suspect it will get hijacked by the usual loud mouthed donks who fill the general forum with rubbish and the god botherers ranting about evolution being impossible. If the discussion can be kept on topic and then yes, if not then no.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 23:24
    Originally posted by Kepler
    Being a scientist I should support this but i suspect it will get hijacked by the usual loud mouthed donks who fill the general forum with rubbish and the god botherers ranting about evolution being impossible. If the discussion can be kept on topic and then yes, if not then no.
    My fav is the puzzles and posers forum and I don't see it being abused. I think it would fly. I think the forum pimps would not be too interested in a science forum where the subject would be scientific in nature.
  8. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 02:57
    What about a science forum? I'm sure there are many people willing to discuss things related to math, physics etc. Or is it supposed to be in Debates? I don't think so.
    Great Idea

Rec'd
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 14:55
    [vid]15[/vid]
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 15:43
    I like that the vote feature is used. I would like it to be used much more.

About this matter my feelings are as follows:
    We have a forum where science stuff are posted now and then: Puzzles and posers. I think it is good as it is.
    But if the interest of science things are growing then there is a need for a Science Forum.
    If there will be a Science Forum, then I'll certainly follow this forum with great joy. Intelligent Design stuff and other religious thoughts will of course be moved to Spiritual, I hope.

About a Culture Forum, I don't care. I will never go there...
  11. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 03:12
    YES
  12. Standard memberagryson
    AGW Hitman
    http://xkcd.com/386/
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 20:07
    This is a great idea, I find that between sports and general, culture is dealt with enough, the only thing in the art world which is controversial enough, often enough, and with global appeal (in the geography sense) to get discussed is pop culture. The photo competition and stuff ran quite well I felt on the general forum.
    Science however, brilliant idea. The two snags are;
    evolution/creation
    global warming/not global warming
    but given how there is a clear scientific consensus on both of these issues, they could easily be relegated to religion and debates respectively without causing too much consternation amongst the users.

The posers and puzzles forum doesn't cut it, it's a back of the envelope club, which I love, but wehre do I go to discuss scientific ethics with people who understand the concept? How often have we all seen general "I wanna know" questions posted in posers and puzzles, when they really aren't posers or puzzles.

ALSO, IF THERE'S A BLOODY SPIRITUALITY AND SPORTS FORUM, WHY ISN'T THERE ALREADY A SCIENCE FORUM!
  13. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 04:21
    Yep a Science forum would be great.... Currently most scientific debate gets brought up in the Posers/puzzles forum..... And in Spirituality.... I'm a geologist, and I love a good argument so I've been over there quite a bit.... Just about ready to give up.... Again......
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 11:44
    Now available.

-Russ
  15. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 21:49
    Originally posted by Russ
    Now available.

-Russ
    Hurray!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree