1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 11:03
    Don't know if this has been suggested before, because i can't search the forums for the topic πŸ˜› πŸ˜€

But instead of just searching for posts belonging to a specific author, add as a search option keywords as well. It shouldn't be hard to implement.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 11:56
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Don't know if this has been suggested before, because i can't search the forums for the topic πŸ˜› πŸ˜€

But instead of just searching for posts belonging to a specific author, add as a search option keywords as well. It shouldn't be hard to implement.
    Done.

D
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 14:00

This site has had a "Google Search" function for content on the site for quite some time now.

Click on "Google Search" from the "Search Forums" page linked on the "Forums" page.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 14:31
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This site has had a "Google Search" function for content on the site for quite some time now.

Click on "Google Search" from the "Search Forums" page linked on the "Forums" page.
    It's quite lacking, though. Older posts often don't show up at all, and I really miss more advanced search functions, e.g. searching for posts about a certain topic by a certain user within a certain time period. Most internet fora have something like that. It would also be nice to be able to search the private fora. But this has been suggested many times, and so far Russ hasn't given any indication that it's something he's working on, so it probably won't happen within the next few decades.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 14:36
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    It's quite lacking, though. Older posts often don't show up at all, and I really miss more advanced search functions, e.g. searching for posts about a certain topic by a certain user within a certain time period. Most internet fora have something like that. It would also be nice to be able to search the private fora. But this has been suggested many times, a ...[text shortened]... t it's something he's working on, so it probably won't happen within the next few decades.
    Since the Google Search function only returns pages that Google itself would produce, I'm not surprised that the private fora are not searched. In fact, I'd be quite alarmed if they were.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 14:38
    Since the Google Search function only returns pages that Google itself would produce, I'm not surprised that the private fora are not searched. In fact, I'd be quite alarmed if they were.
    Of course. But I would expect it to be possible by other means than Google Search.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 14:52
    It's quite lacking, though. Older posts often don't show up at all, and I really miss more advanced search functions, e.g. searching for posts about a certain topic by a certain user within a certain time period. Most internet fora have something like that. It would also be nice to be able to search the private fora. But this has been suggested many times, a ...[text shortened]... t it's something he's working on, so it probably won't happen within the next few decades.
    It's... Oh, I'm not going to say it.
  8. The sky
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 15:16
    Originally posted by Palynka
    It's... Oh, I'm not going to say it.
    Finger Seal of Approval
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 15:20
    Finger Seal of Approval
    I hope it's the thumb. 😞
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 16:15
    You often get better results if you search redhotpawn as opposed to the others.

D
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 12:30

it's kind of flawed. don't know how search is performed but certain results do not show up.
  12. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 19:35
    it's kind of flawed. don't know how search is performed but certain results do not show up.
    It only searches pages that Google have indexed.