Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member Ringtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    23 Nov '05 01:32 / 1 edit
    Would it be possible to do a search on a players games by: Won, Lost, Draw?

    Huge filter but it would save time analyzing games.

    Thanks

    RTh


    [edit] Also I would like to download other peoples games in that order.
    Too mjuch to ask.....you betcha!
  2. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    24 Nov '05 00:47
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    Would it be possible to do a search on a players games by: Won, Lost, Draw?

    Huge filter but it would save time analyzing games.

    Thanks

    RTh


    [edit] Also I would like to download other peoples games in that order.
    Too mjuch to ask.....you betcha!
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    At several sites where I play, all of a player's games can be downloaded as a single file. I'd certainly like to have that feature here for my games, and for those of my opponents.

    My website offers the following comparisons (RHP is column 2):

    Database Functions

    PGN own !! !? ! !? ! ! !? !? ??
    PGN others !! ? !? !? ! ! !? ??

    http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/wulebgr/comp.htm
  3. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    24 Nov '05 01:01
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    [b]At several sites where I play, all of a player's games can be downloaded as a single file. I'd certainly like to have that feature here for my games, and for those of my opponents.

    My website offers the following comparisons (RHP is column 2):

    Database Functions

    PGN own !! !? ! ...[text shortened]... N others !! ? !? !? ! ! !? ??

    http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/wulebgr/comp.htm
    [/b]
    Your review of RHP needs updating. For one there is no daily maintenance anymore.
  4. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    24 Nov '05 11:37
    There is no problem adding this to the public games search.

    As for the PGN export, this could also be possible, but may become a subscriber only feature,

    -Russ
  5. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    23 Dec '05 04:07
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Your review of RHP needs updating. For one there is no daily maintenance anymore.
    done. Thanks.
  6. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    23 Dec '05 13:14
    Originally posted by Russ
    There is no problem adding this to the public games search.

    As for the PGN export, this could also be possible, but may become a subscriber only feature,

    -Russ
    Brilliant! It'd be great to be able to download your opponents games.

    Being able to only (optional) download your opponents games where they play, for example, 1. e4 would save u some bandwidth, as I think that a lot of people would just like to see how a certain player plays a certain opening.

    Subscriber only is fair enough, considering it'll be fairly bandwidth heavy.

    D
  7. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    23 Dec '05 13:16
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    [b]At several sites where I play, all of a player's games can be downloaded as a single file. I'd certainly like to have that feature here for my games, and for those of my opponents.

    My website offers the following comparisons (RHP is column 2):

    Database Functions

    PGN own !! !? ! ...[text shortened]... N others !! ? !? !? ! ! !? ??

    http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/wulebgr/comp.htm
    [/b]
    It seems a little unfair only giving RHP a ! for downtime.

    I don't know the figures (Russ? ), but it seems to be like RHP has had unscheduled outages for only about 40 hours max in the past year.

    D
  8. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    27 Dec '05 16:14
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    It seems a little unfair only giving RHP a ! for downtime.

    I don't know the figures (Russ? ), but it seems to be like RHP has had unscheduled outages for only about 40 hours max in the past year.

    D
    No site has !! in that category. Would you have me rank as exceptional any site that is ever inaccessible?

    I changed it to ! from ? when the daily outages ended. When I started here, RHP went down every night during my prime playing time.