Second team

Second team

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ET
Phoneless

Friendly Chess Club

Moves
07 Jan 07

Just a thought.... it wouldn't surprise me if the idea hasn't cropped up before.... and been blown out of the water!!

Clan league team places for the larger teams are at a premium.... could it be made possible for clans to enter a 'second six', starting in the lower division? (Twelve different players, of course, and perhaps there might have to be a 'ratings cap' on the second team. I'm not sure.)
If both teams were ever to meet in the same division, a compulsory draw for all the 12 games could be the solution.

I

Moves
07 Jan 07

Originally posted by English Tal
Just a thought.... it wouldn't surprise me if the idea hasn't cropped up before.... and been blown out of the water!!

Clan league team places for the larger teams are at a premium.... could it be made possible for clans to enter a 'second six', starting in the lower division? (Twelve different players, of course, and perhaps there might have to be a ' ...[text shortened]... meet in the same division, a compulsory draw for all the 12 games could be the solution.
If a clan wants to give all their players a chance then they can enter all the different timeouts, and use different players in each team.

ET
Phoneless

Friendly Chess Club

Moves
07 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Ian68
If a clan wants to give all their players a chance then they can enter all the different timeouts, and use different players in each team.
True, of course. It's still not a big choice. However, opportunities to enter a clan into a league are rather infrequent, especially the longer timeout leagues. (Only two games left to complete in the latest league coming up..... I wonder when the new one will start.... March if we're lucky?)
Basically my idea(??) would double the opportunity for clan players to enter a league.
Edit point: It would also enable a leader to field his strongest team without putting the noses out of lower-rateds who are loyal to the clan... they too could play in a league team. Just a thought, as they say.....

ET
Phoneless

Friendly Chess Club

Moves
06 Feb 07

Bump.
Maybe I've missed something, but still no-one has 'refuted' my opening idea, in my humble opinion.
Is the idea of a team having a 'B' team so unusual?