1. Joined
    19 Aug '10
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 21:12
    I am new to this site and I do not know if it was ever suggested in the past.

At the least, is it possible to set a secure HTTPS login to protect players from being hacked.

I know most chess players are honest but I would not be happy if my account was hacked and somebody put me on terrilble slide.

Dont hav to get a full blown SSL but just seting the login to a secure part of the server should not be that difficult of a mod.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 22:13
    i've been here for 5 years and have never heard of anyone getting their account hacked. log off in public places, clear cache and you'll be fine.
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 05:31
    Finally! an answer to my terrible slides and my awful rating!!!! THANK YOU!!
  4. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 07:25
    Originally posted by trev33
    i've been here for 5 years and have never heard of anyone getting their account hacked. log off in public places, clear cache and you'll be fine.
    How could anyone get back on the site if thier account got hacked silly?:p
  5. Bristol, UK
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 10:57
    HTTPS won't protect your account from a hacker. It will protect your credentials from being intercepted as they are sent over the Internet but it can't do anything about a brute-force/well-guessed password crack if someone already knows your email address.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 15:17
    Originally posted by MrHooHaa
    I am new to this site and I do not know if it was ever suggested in the past.

At the least, is it possible to set a secure HTTPS login to protect players from being hacked.

I know most chess players are honest but I would not be happy if my account was hacked and somebody put me on terrilble slide.

Dont hav to get a full blown SSL but just seting the login to a secure part of the server should not be that difficult of a mod.
    Did you have a nightmare that you logged into RHP and the cast of The Matrix had logged into your account and resigned all your games?

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree