1. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Dec '06 03:51
    I think a player should be able to "shut off" this feature. I don't recieve reminders, but I have to send them or look at that icon everytime I go to my games page. How about you click the icon and either send a reminder, or not send it and get rid of the icon?
  2. Earth
    Moves
    26 Dec '06 04:071 edit
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    I think a player should be able to "shut off" this feature. I don't recieve reminders, but I have to send them or look at that icon everytime I go to my games page. How about you click the icon and either send a reminder, or not send it and get rid of the icon?
    I agree that you should be able to get rid of 'em.
  3. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Dec '06 04:14
    Originally posted by mcrrock
    I agree that you should be able to get rid of 'em.
    Or possibly opt not to have them appear, and have robot send them.
  4. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    26 Dec '06 04:42
    Is it really that hard to just ignore the icon?

I never send reminders and just overlooking the icon has never really bothered me.
  5. Earth
    Moves
    26 Dec '06 05:01
    Originally posted by Saint Nick
    [b]Is it really that hard to just ignore the icon?
    Yeah it is hard to ignore them.
  6. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    26 Dec '06 06:131 edit
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    edited
  7. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Dec '06 06:33
    Originally posted by coentje
    edited
    Except after "C", Thanks man. 😵
  8. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    26 Dec '06 13:45
    Originally posted by mcrrock
    Yeah it is hard to ignore them.
    I'd prefer if they only appeared about 6 hours before the "time to move" ran out. I have one game where my opponent still has 12 days (plus 28 of timebank) left to make his move, but I can click to remind him even now.

It is good to have reminders, so that I can take the skull knowing that I have done everything feasible to keep the game going. But I know from experience that some people just click them as soon as they appear, which I think is 3 days after your last move, even for a 21 day timeout game - a pointless waste of time.

Gezza
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Dec '06 18:36
    What is a reminder?

In other words... who cares? Do you get them through email? I shut my email off, and my game page is my home page. I've got my games sorted by oldest games at top.

P-
  10. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '06 03:46
    I was meaning, I am too lazy to send them and they clutter up my game page. 😞 So I send them, even though I opt not to receive them myself.... Oh Nevermind. 😞
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '06 05:34
    Where are they? Is that a subscriber only feature?
  12. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    27 Dec '06 06:47
    They are on your My Games page. If an opponent hasn't moved in three days (I think), an icon that looks like a yellow envelope will show up next to the game. This is the 'send reminder' icon that is being discussed.

Ice Cold, the more I've thought about it the more I think that the majority of the site has these turned off.
    Maybe we should get rid of them.......

Russ, How about a vote of how many people send/receive reminders?
  13. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    27 Dec '06 06:50
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    What is a reminder?

In other words... who cares? Do you get them through email? I shut my email off, and my game page is my home page. I've got my games sorted by oldest games at top.

P-
    Exactly.
    Why have something that everyone ignores?

Then again the RHP store is still around....... 🙄
  14. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '06 18:35
    Originally posted by Saint Nick
    They are on your My Games page. If an opponent hasn't moved in three days (I think), an icon that looks like a yellow envelope will show up next to the game. This is the 'send reminder' icon that is being discussed.

Ice Cold, the more I've thought about it the more I think that the majority of the site has these turned off.
    Maybe we should get rid of them.......

Russ, How about a vote of how many people send/receive reminders?
    Good idea Nick!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree