1. Standard memberAudioRapture
    Skull Disco, Jr.
    Moves
    11 Mar '08 11:52
    I would like to see a "clear board" option that also automatically clears the the 4 castling boxes.
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 04:24
    I use "set piece" for practice games so both players can easily see it's an unrated game in the MyGames list. I'd support the "Clear Board" option, it would save me having to consult my opponent about the first move if I'm to play black. But having the 4 castling ticks removed doesn't suit me - and I'd be surprised if it suited most users.

Let's canvass votes on that point specifically as well as the "Clear Board" option.
  3. Standard memberAudioRapture
    Skull Disco, Jr.
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 15:473 edits
    When there are no pieces on the board, there are no castling options?

I understand the function "clear board" as to mean: "remove all pieces from the board". What did you understand it as?

[remove reason=brainfart]Also, it means that we need a function to add pieces to the board, as this is currently not possible. (I think?)[/remove]
  4. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 00:19
    Originally posted by AudioRapture

I understand the function "clear board" as to mean: "remove all pieces from the board". What did you understand it as?

[remove reason=brainfart]Also, it means that we need a function to add pieces to the board, as this is currently not possible. (I think?)[/remove]
    I guess it's 6 and 2 3s.

I sometimes play random chess. Would I like to untick the boxes if a random position allows castling or not? Perhaps a positive is better than a negative.

What does [remove reason=brainfart] mean? Are you being rude? Do I need to comment on the cut of your jib?
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 06:13
    Originally posted by AudioRapture

Now why didn't I think meant "clear board" meant "clear all the pieces off the board"? Why did I think it meant "reset to the normal starting position"?

I don't know, a bit of mental fog perhaps ... 😳
  6. Standard memberAudioRapture
    Skull Disco, Jr.
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 23:26
    Originally posted by Lukerik
    What does [remove reason=brainfart] mean? Are you being rude? Do I need to comment on the cut of your jib?
    I didn't easily find a way to use strike-through formatting, so I just added a tag trying to convey that I made a brain-fart: It is possible to populate an empty board by right-clicking on a square.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree