1. Standard memberdfm65
    The Godfather
    e8
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 00:42
    at the moment, the shortest timeout for games is 1 day, but why not make it as short as five minutes for players who want to play blitz and be sure their opponent doesn't disappear halfway through the game? several realtinme chess sites have these short timeouts, it would be a small programming chamge i think, and players who want to play blitz could play here rather than go to uchess, chess21, yahoo etc. i know uchess is associated with rhp but why not implement this anyway. the one drawback i can see is that it might increase the site's bandwidth, so maybe there should be a limit of one blitz game at any one time per user. or perhaps blitz players could pay a premium rate and therefore pay for any increase in bandwidth required. just a thought...
  2. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 01:40
    Originally posted by dfm65
    at the moment, the shortest timeout for games is 1 day, but why not make it as short as five minutes for players who want to play blitz and be sure their opponent doesn't disappear halfway through the game? several realtinme chess sites have these short timeouts, it would be a small programming chamge i think, and players who want to play blitz could play her ...[text shortened]... d pay a premium rate and therefore pay for any increase in bandwidth required. just a thought...
    Whats the point? If you want blitz play on uchess, same site just different types of chess. The only thing I would like is to be able to set up a game with zero timeout, play a 0/7 game or somethign like that. Maybe 0/3 at the shortest since 0/1 would end in a timeout most likely.
  3. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 05:56
    I agree with TH21's suggestion - a 0/x type setting would be great (just like the 2005 championship's 0/60).

A 0/1 could easily timeout, if one takes the time zones into account

-> I move, go to sleep, and wake up "timed out"!

4. Standard memberneight
    Cheese log/Beef log
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 15:36
    Originally posted by Alcra
    I agree with TH21's suggestion - a 0/x type setting would be great (just like the 2005 championship's 0/60).

A 0/1 could easily timeout, if one takes the time zones into account

-> I move, go to sleep, and wake up "timed out"!

Unless you sleep for >24 hours, this shouldn't be a problem... timebanks work with elapsed time, not clock time or calendars...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree