1. Account suspended
    Joined
    13 Feb '05
    Moves
    501
    19 Feb '05 21:58
    Simple vote, yes or no, "I don't know" is not an awnser. You already probably know my vote based on the few posts here, this girl votes yes to the elimination of the alert posting.

    Alert posting is contributing nothing to the community and is increasing hostilities. Numerous posters are geting unfairly banned from the entire site when they are perfectly legit/fair playing chess players, while those who do not meet the following criteria, stand. Many of the posters in question don't know why they are banned, other then the fact the admin states they have received an unusual number of alerts, in say, a case like Cribs. It seems to me, that posters, and even subscripers, can be "democraticly" voted off the site if a certain dedicated group of individuals wishes that to happen. This abuse is happening too often and must stop and it wastes time for the admin. Such internal personal soap operic wars should not allowed to cross paths, and a mod policy should not be used to fuel them and burn such fire.

    For this reason, I vote the alerting feature to be removed, it has caused more harm then good and is wasting the mods time, time that could be better spent.
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    19 Feb '05 22:211 edit
    Originally posted by Exiled
    Simple vote, yes or no, "I don't know" is not an awnser. You already probably know my vote based on the few posts here, this girl votes yes to the elimination of the alert posting.

    Alert posting is contributing nothing to the community ...[text shortened]... ood and is wasting the mods time, time that could be better spent.
    I vote your suggestion to be rubbish.

    I would wager it is the alert feature that allocates the mods their work to some (a pretty big) extent.

    Do you think they have the time to read and assess every single post in every single thread?

    I have been reading/posting in these forums for about 1 year now and, as posted in reply to you elsewhere: It is those who are unaware of how (or simply unable) to conduct themselves properly in a public forum who end up getting banned.

    Just like you did something to get banned previously.
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    13 Feb '05
    Moves
    501
    19 Feb '05 22:41
    Well, I guess it's time to chase out the "demons". If people must know why I was banned a year ago, I was banned a year ago because of a ton of alerting posts accusing me of "anti-Americanism" in which my suscription was wisked off the site immediately. It's humourous really, why are the anti-Muslim, anti-gay, anti-socialists, anti-liberals, anti-Euro, anti-Canadians, anti-women, religious preachers calling genecoides, etc still allowed and free to post, but "anti-Americanism" is off limits? Whatever "blatant anti-Americanism" really means, I do not know, sounds like nothing but political propaganda and a few people have scores to settle.
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39626
    19 Feb '05 22:52
    Originally posted by Exiled
    Well, I guess it's time to chase out the "demons". If people must know why I was banned a year ago, I was banned a year ago because of a ton of alerting posts accusing me of "anti-Americanism" in which my suscription was wisked off the site immediately. It's humourous really, why are the anti-Muslim, anti-gay, anti-socialists, anti-liberals, anti-Euro, ...[text shortened]... o not know, sounds like nothing but political propaganda and a few people have scores to settle.
    PLeeeeeeze, mateulose, if you're going to lie about who you are at least change your flag and stop saying how you rely on public computers! It's "humourous, really" that you would be so transparent; at least have the common decency to at least slightly try to hide your little "secret".
  5. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    9020
    19 Feb '05 23:54
    Originally posted by Exiled
    Well, I guess it's time to chase out the "demons". If people must know why I was banned a year ago, I was banned a year ago because of a ton of alerting posts accusing me of "anti-Americanism" in which my suscription was wisked off the site immediately. It's humourous really, why are the anti-Muslim, anti-gay, anti-socialists, anti-liberals, anti-Euro, ...[text shortened]... o not know, sounds like nothing but political propaganda and a few people have scores to settle.
    So what was your username "a year ago" when you got banned? I'd like to see these Anti-American posts. I can only name a handful of people who ever post anything Anti-American on a consistent basis. ALL of those users really stand out in the memories of the other forum users here.

    We could try to guess it if you like? It'd be like playing that children's game "Hangman"! Remember that?

    🙂

  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    13 Feb '05
    Moves
    501
    19 Feb '05 23:59
    Originally posted by wib
    So what was your username "a year ago" when you got banned? I'd like to see these Anti-American posts. I can only name a handful of people who ever post anything Anti-American on a consistent basis. ALL of those users really stand out in the memories of the other forum users here.

    We could try to guess it if you like? It'd be like playing that children's game "Hangman"! Remember that?

    🙂

    No, no, no, ANYTHING BUT THAT STUPID GAME!😕
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    13 Feb '05
    Moves
    501
    20 Feb '05 00:03
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    PLeeeeeeze, mateulose, if you're going to lie about who you are at least change your flag and stop saying how you rely on public computers! It's "humourous, really" that you would be so transparent; at least have the common decency to at least slightly try to hide your little "secret".
    First name guessed at 'hangman". Incorrect, I am not that poster. From Canada? Well, there are 30 million Canadians. Rely on public computers? Any poor deprived student in the western world would say the same thing, and their are about 2 million students in Canada and most of them play chess. So your little "narrowing down" investigation of how I am one silly past poster isn't narrowed enough to become credible, and you call yourself a lawyer? 😛
  8. London
    Joined
    28 Sep '04
    Moves
    110329
    20 Feb '05 00:452 edits
    Originally posted by Exiled
    First name guessed at 'hangman". Incorrect, I am not that poster. From Canada? Well, there are 30 million Canadians. Rely on public computers? Any poor deprived student in the western world would say the same thing, and their are about 2 m ...[text shortened]... owed enough to become credible, and you call yourself a lawyer? 😛
    how do you know that no1 is a lawyer unless you've been here before mateulose?

    fred

    and if you were here " a year ago" and you were banned why are you back on the site? ---mateulose you are a pathetic liar...sort your life out. p.s. how did your wrists heal so quickly?
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    13 Feb '05
    Moves
    501
    20 Feb '05 01:03
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    how do you know that no1 is a lawyer unless you've been here before mateulose?

    fred

    and if you were here " a year ago" and you were banned why are you back on the site? ---mateulose you are a pathetic liar...sort your life out. p.s. how did your wrists heal so quickly?
    I know he's a lawyer because everyone on the site refers to him as the "2bit lawyer", maybe he's not a lawyer, and a lawyer wannabe, I've met enough of those.
  10. London
    Joined
    28 Sep '04
    Moves
    110329
    20 Feb '05 01:091 edit
    Originally posted by Exiled
    I know he's a lawyer because everyone on the site refers to him as the "2bit lawyer", maybe he's not a lawyer, and a lawyer wannabe, I've met enough of those.
    so you still dont answer why you are here if you have been previously banned?

    fred

    you also havent explained how the wrists healed so quickly or did you take no1s advice and use the .45 ?
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    13 Feb '05
    Moves
    501
    20 Feb '05 02:18
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    so you still dont answer why you are here if you have been previously banned?

    fred

    you also havent explained how the wrists healed so quickly or did you take no1s advice and use the .45 ?
    I'm here after being previously banned, because it's a free world, actually, it's far from a free world, but darnit, I'll make it as free as possible! Honestly, I came back here after a long time because I thought the site would of imporved a lot since then and gone through some honest needed changes, that hasn't happened, so no star. Besides, not only will buying a star show my approval of the changes since a year ago, which I do not approve, it will waste money if you ever dicide to post in the forums too much, bye bye star, bye bye money. So ban this nick if you must, ban the next, and the next till your hearts content with no reason, I don't care, it's not like I am going to cry over losing a nickname that plays 6 games at a time, I'll just make another, then another, and pray for the changes to come to pass, pray to no avail.

    I'm not really here to play chess, and I'm not really here to vent at teenagers in the forums, it's mostly curiousity, that I'm sure will die down soon enough and I'll ban myself in good time.

    And what's with this talk about wrists and guns? Are you some sadistic republican turned on by such thoughts? WTF are you talking about?
  12. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    9020
    20 Feb '05 04:42
    Originally posted by Exiled
    I'm here after being previously banned, because it's a free world, actually, it's far from a free world, but darnit, I'll make it as free as possible! Honestly, I came back here after a long time because I thought the site would of imporved a lot since then and gone through some honest needed changes, that hasn't happened, so no star. Besides, not only w ...[text shortened]... nd guns? Are you some sadistic republican turned on by such thoughts? WTF are you talking about?
    Ah ha. You've used one of your keywords there Mat....

    ----- REPUBLICAN ---------

    So let's see:

    *Chess player
    *From Canada
    *Uses public access computers
    *Dislikes Republicans
    *Claims to be back from a ban
    *Overall cynical/pessimistic attitude in posts (see above post for reference)

    Glad to have ya back Mat. Just play some chess and chill out for a bit. If you stay calm in the forums I'm sure everything will be fine.


  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    20 Feb '05 05:09
    Originally posted by wib
    Ah ha. You've used one of your keywords there Mat....

    ----- REPUBLICAN ---------

    So let's see:

    *Chess player
    *From Canada
    *Uses public access computers
    *Dislikes Republicans
    *Claims to be back from a ban
    *Overall cynical/pessimistic attitude in posts (see above post for reference)

    Glad to have ya back Mat. Just play some chess and chill out for a bit. If you stay calm in the forums I'm sure everything will be fine.


    Don't forget hasn't asked for an explanation of the matelouse comments (wrists, .45 and others). If I were being accused of being the reincarnation of a banned account that would be the first thing I'd do.
  14. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    20 Feb '05 11:372 edits
    Originally posted by Exiled
    I'm here after being previously banned, because it's a free world, actually, it's far from a free world, but darnit, I'll make it as free as possible! Honestly, I came back here after a long time because I thought the site would of impor ...[text shortened]... republican turned on by such thoughts? WTF are you talking about?
    Fairs fair then Exiled - here's a story for ya so you know these post are all about. If any of this is not fact please feel free to alert it.

    Mateulose was a good (if inconsistent) player who caused a lot of disruption on the forums regarding cheating accusations at other players.

    There were also frequent posts (ususally triggered by a lost game) blaming opponents for being stupid and playing simple strategies such as blitzing the kingside with queen and knight. When these posts were challenged and people offered constructive advice for how to improve further replies came back from Mateulose showing a side to his character which was obviously quite troubled, with issues coming out that extended well beyond the game of chess.

    Mateulose continued to behave in such a manner that he got a temporary forum ban, then on his return created the most offensive clan name this site has seen for a while which resulted in a permanent ban.

    There is another forum site some of the users here post on. Mateulose posted there that he was going to kill himself on the day he was banned. He has not posted there since.

    You writing style is very similar to Mateulose's, plus all your profile information relates back to Mateulose, Canada, Library etc. It is no surprise therefore that people think you may indeed be the same person, especially as your profile was registered soon after this all went off.

    Regardless, so long as you behave in the appropriate manner I am sure you will be welcome here both as a player and a contributor to the forums.

    P.s. Mateulose had a star bought for him if I recall correctly - if you ask nicely I am sure someone will fund your subscription, then if you are banned eventually you will have lost nothing but the respect of a stranger.

    (Edits 1&2 for spelling.)
  15. London
    Joined
    28 Sep '04
    Moves
    110329
    20 Feb '05 15:03
    another piece of evidence...

    i think....

    now i dont claim to know anything about analyzing games or anything like that but it seems suspicious to me that both mateulose and exiled play 1.d4...2.f3 as white and 1.c6 as black. i may be wrong and i only looked at a few random games but what does this suggest. also i know exiled/mateulose2 only has a provisional but he seems to have a remarkably similar rating to our old buddy mateulose.

    fred
Back to Top