1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 18:12
    Brought up again, since Russ never shot it down. Just a few RHP'ers thumbed it down but some agreed.

Just hover your mouse over the thumbs down to see who has thumbed it. Simple code and won't take long.

Eventually people will use the up/down more appropriately with a bit of accountability.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 18:132 edits
    @uzless said
    Brought up again, since Russ never shot it down. Just a few RHP'ers thumbed it down but some agreed.

Just hover your mouse over the thumbs down to see who has thumbed it. Simple code and won't take long.

Eventually people will use the up/down more appropriately with a bit of accountability.
    This went to a vote and was rejected. [voteid]27[/voteid]
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 12:51
    Originally posted by @russ
    Yup it sure was done, and we that wanted it to show were voted down. Lost that one! 😉

-VR
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 19:051 edit
    Originally posted by @russ
    you could always override that vote as site admin for accountability reasons. I'd bet you wouldn't get too many people asking for the "show vote names" to be deleted.

The ones that voted it down are likely the ones voting thumbs down all the time anyway.

Bring back accountability to rhp says I!
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 19:31
    Originally posted by @uzless
    you could always override that vote as site admin for accountability reasons. I'd bet you wouldn't get too many people asking for the "show vote names" to be deleted.

The ones that voted it down are likely the ones voting thumbs down all the time anyway.

Or... you could just grow a pair.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 07:48

In this age of Trump, "accountability" just means "show your faces so I can have you fired!"

Sorry, ain't happening. RHP still believes in freedom of opinion and not exposing people for denigration based on that opinion.

Yeah, whether YOU like it or not.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 07:51
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Or... you could just quit your whining and grow a pair.
    There, fixed!
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 08:09
    The ones who voted to show the users who thumbed are likely the ones getting down-thumbed.

Yes, see, we can all make stupid assumptions.
  9. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 08:48
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    The ones who voted to show the users who thumbed are likely the ones getting down-thumbed.

yours has at least some credibility.
    I voted against showig thumbers, even though I am not using the Feature much. (And I more likely thumb up anonymously than thumb down)
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 16:48

I voted to show those who thumbed down or up. It really makes no difference to me who knows how I thumbed a post. 😉

-VR
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 12:33
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    I voted to show those who thumbed down or up. It really makes no difference to me who knows how I thumbed a post. 😉

-VR
    Actually, not much matters to you, Rusty. Have you ever taken a stand on anything?
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 19:32
    Actually, not much matters to you, Rusty. Have you ever taken a stand on anything?
    I sure have back a long time ago against the Moderators, when people were not being treated equally. Things have changed since those days for the better.

-VR
  13. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    01 Oct '18 04:59
    I would rather have a middle finger than a thumbs down. Its more direct and to the point. A lot less cowardly as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree