1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 20:06
    Is it possible for RHP to have a simpler and faster way to check games for engine use?
    Instead of having to buy fritz and spending hours and days downloading all the chess engines on the market onto it.
    I also hate to report someone to the game mods as a suspected cheat, when I really don't know if their cheating or not, and then never hearing back from the mods how the analyzed games came out, Unless you see the suspected name on the banned list for engine use months later.

You would think there could be some kind of link to having suspected games analyzed and receiving a response within a few days or even weeks. I also think this could and would greatly reduce engine use on this site. Is it possible to have some kind of link to fritz or some other program to have games analyzed?? You would think so, since all subscribers have access to a database system.
    But I really don't know how hard it would be or if it's even possible.

Is it??
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 21:57
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Is it possible for RHP to have a simpler and faster way to check games for engine use?
    Instead of having to buy fritz and spending hours and days downloading all the chess engines on the market onto it.
    I also hate to report someone to the game mods as a suspected cheat, when I really don't know if their cheating or not, and then never hearing bac ...[text shortened]... ystem.
    But I really don't know how hard it would be or if it's even possible.

Is it??
    Leaving aside the dubious action of providing an engine via the site, I'm not sure any engine maker would allow such use.
    The people who make Fritz want you to buy it - not have it made available via a website.

The game moderation system is what it is. There is no short-cut.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree