1. Joined
    30 Jun '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 09:261 edit
    How about we move the Site Announcements out of the forums and over to the blogs? That way whenever there is a new post it will appear in the box at the upper right corner of the forums page with the other recent blog updates. This way it will be less likely that someone will miss an important post like a scheduled outage for example.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 05:53
    recc'd
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 22:53
    rec'c
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 01:54
    The one page that everyone goes to (except for trolls of course) is the MyGames page. That's the screen where a popup should appear if there's a recent announcement, IMHO.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 13:52
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    The one page that everyone goes to (except for trolls of course) is the MyGames page. That's the screen where a popup should appear if there's a recent announcement, IMHO.
    Please, no. When I'm on that page, I want to see my pending games, and I want to see the relevant details for that page. I don't want to be distracted by a pop-up.

If you want a pop-up like that to appear anywhere, perhaps on the My Home page. Even that I'd find suboptimal compared to the current situation (with which, frankly, I do not see the problem - you're interested in site announcements, you go to the Announcements forum, job done), but at least it would be better than having it clutter up the My Games page.

Richard
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 17:31
    I think the original posters suggestion (forum page) is just teh way to go. It doesn't even need to be a pop-up, it could be a field where the latest announcements title is displayed (and linked), so it would cause the lowest disturbance while still being very visible .
  7. Joined
    30 Jun '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 03:10
    The problem I have with the current set up is that you can check the site announcements for three weeks and not see one new post. Then as soon as you stop checking you miss something.

My suggestion doesn't add anything new to the site. It just utilizes what is already in place. The site announcements can even stay in the forums. I just think adding it to the blogs as well will make the announcements more visible.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 22:16
    We've had the odd really-important announcement in the past, and it's been served up as a one-time for each user. I don't see that as being particularly intrusive, it's not as if you're going to see it again and again and again ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree