1. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 09:26
    Every day, 6am GMT...

Any word yet on when the site maintenance procedure will no longer be necessary? 6am GMT is when I make most of my moves every day. I think someone up there hates me. Methinks maybe its time to sacrifice some more baby chickens. From now on I'll be sacrificing baby chickens and the occasional puppy every day at 6am GMT until the gods are appeased.
  2. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 10:11
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Every day, 6am GMT...

Any word yet on when the site maintenance procedure will no longer be necessary? 6am GMT is when I make most of my moves every day. I think someone up there hates me. Methinks maybe its time to sacrifice some more baby chickens. From now on I'll be sacrificing baby chickens and the occasional puppy every day at 6am GMT until the gods are appeased.
    Me too!

6am GTM is 8am for me - Normally get to my desk around 7am, drink some coffee, answer some emails and by 7:30am start moving.

By 8am, half way through my moves and * bang.

Which puppys shall we use? Personally I dislike poodles.

3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 11:27
    For me 6am GMT falls at 6pm. That happens to be when I am most active as well.
    I just get started making my moves, posting sarcastic comments and then bam. It can be annoying.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 11:47
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    For me 6am GMT falls at 6pm. That happens to be when I am most active as well.
    I just get started making my moves, posting sarcastic comments and then bam. It can be annoying.
    Why don't u guys get your games sent to you just before downtime?

Then you can open up all your games in progress using something like chesspad (which is better than analyse board), decide on your moves while RHP is down, and then WHAM!! makes 15 moves in the 2 minutes straight after it comes back up.

Problem alleviated.

D
  5. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 11:50
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Why don't u guys get your games sent to you just before downtime?

Then you can open up all your games in progress using something like chesspad (which is better than analyse board), decide on your moves while RHP is down, and then WHAM!! makes 15 moves in the 2 minutes straight after it comes back up.

Problem alleviated.

D
    this sounds much more useful than those silly reminders .... gets my rec.
    only problem ... how can we do it without having to ask russ?
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 12:00
    Originally posted by flexmore
    this sounds much more useful than those silly reminders .... gets my rec.
    only problem ... how can we do it without having to ask russ?
    I don't see the relationship between my tip and reminders, but anyway, to answer your question...

Go to my games, click on "email my games", set the period of time you want your games for. Click "Send Games"

You will receive an email with the pgns in text format, copy the pgns into notepad and save it as something.pgn.

Then open chesspad, click on database/open. Browse to where pgn text file is saved, and then u can decide away offline.

D
  7. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 12:04
    I'm still killing the puppy. It's a beautiful female golden labrador. 1 month old.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 12:07
    I'm still killing the puppy. It's a beautiful female golden labrador. 1 month old.
    Mmmmm, I had a baby golden labrador in Guangzhou in 2003. It was very tasty with a nice batter and sweet and sour sauce. Unfortunately, due to accent, we thought it was a "baby duck" until we had it scoffed down.

D
  9. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 12:21
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Mmmmm, I had a baby golden labrador in Guangzhou in 2003. It was very tasty with a nice batter and sweet and sour sauce. Unfortunately, due to accent, we thought it was a "baby duck" until we had it scoffed down.

D
    DAMNIT! I CAN'T DO IT! WHY? It's the cutest little cuddly wuddly thing! OK. You win god. You stupid horrible god. You got me again. I hate you.

Anyway,

Thanks for the chesspad tip, Ragnorak.

Anyone else reading this thread will do well to download this cunning little application for free over here:

http://www.wmlsoftware.com/chesspad.html
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 13:20
    I've gone off you 😠
  11. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 13:34
    Originally posted by bambee
    I've gone off you 😠
    Aw... come on bamboo. I was just joking! Who in their right mind could actually hurt a puppy? Aliens? Yes! Aliens are the only people who would hurt puppies. Aliens are ugly and not cute at all.
  12. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 13:54
    Killing baby animals is wat happens right now in Northern-America with baby seals...
    It is government (Canada) approved even....
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 19:07
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Killing baby animals is wat happens right now in Northern-America with baby seals...
    It is government (Canada) approved even....
    Killing baby seals is an integral part of our National identity. I'd rather take a club to the back of my skull and have my skin torn from my flesh in one fell swoop than give it up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree