1. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    20827
    17 Feb '10 04:36
    Could we get some type of notice before the site goes down for maintenance? Say, 15 minutes before?
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    887649
    17 Feb '10 06:06
    Originally posted by mlprior
    Could we get some type of notice before the site goes down for maintenance? Say, 15 minutes before?
    Why not 24 hours? A full email blast to all members (with an option to not receive)
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10258
    17 Feb '10 08:18
    Originally posted by coquette
    Why not 24 hours? A full email blast to all members (with an option to not receive)
    24 hours? i doubt the site owners know 24 hours in advance most of the time.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    316787
    17 Feb '10 08:47
  5. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Joined
    10 Dec '04
    Moves
    794654
    17 Feb '10 09:51
    It is virtually always alerted to members via the Announcements forum
  6. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    20827
    18 Feb '10 01:32
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    It is virtually always alerted to members via the [b]Announcements forum[/b]
    OK, but noone looks in that forum.

    Maybe there could be a big flashing sign on the screen or something, like a countdown.
  7. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Joined
    09 May '05
    Moves
    42859
    18 Feb '10 09:22
    Originally posted by mlprior
    OK, but noone looks in that forum.
    Im not a noone😠

    If you look at the Public Forum page, look at the date, or number of threads behind the Announcement forum, that way you will quickly know if theres anything new there.
  8. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Joined
    04 Sep '04
    Moves
    245624
    18 Feb '10 14:00
    Originally posted by mlprior
    Could we get some type of notice before the site goes down for maintenance? Say, 15 minutes before?
    Which people get the 15 minutes notice?

    Those that are on the site at the time

    or

    those that will be coming online in 15 minutes

    or

    those that will be coming online in 30 minutes

    or

    those that will be coming online 60 minutes before the end of the maintenance period

    or

    those that will be coming online 15 minutes before the end of the maintenance period

    or

    any other period
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    18 Feb '10 17:23
    How about an announcement in the top-center of the page [which is unused space, at least for subscribers], say, next to the TimeForChess/RHP/PtIG logo? That way you couldn't miss it.
  10. e4
    Joined
    06 May '08
    Moves
    25312
    18 Feb '10 18:22
    I've alwys wanted them to fill that white space with info.

    How many people on line, how many game have been played etc etc.
    Non subs get snazzy adverts, subs get nowt.
  11. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    20827
    20 Feb '10 04:35
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Which people get the 15 minutes notice?

    Those that are on the site at the time

    or

    those that will be coming online in 15 minutes

    or

    those that will be coming online in 30 minutes

    or

    those that will be coming online 60 minutes before the end of the maintenance period

    or

    those that will be coming online 15 minutes before the end of the maintenance period

    or

    any other period
    The people that are on at the time would be notified, obviously! 🙄

    I just don't want to be left logged in and unable to log out of my account until who knows when, usually the next day.
  12. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    887649
    20 Feb '10 19:06
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    It is virtually always alerted to members via the [b]Announcements forum[/b]
    There is no notice that there's an announcement. You can check it every day for a month or two and not find a new announcement. at least is seems that long. I just don't bother looking any more.
  13. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Joined
    10 Dec '04
    Moves
    794654
    20 Feb '10 23:40
    Originally posted by coquette
    There is no notice that there's an announcement. You can check it every day for a month or two and not find a new announcement. at least is seems that long. I just don't bother looking any more.
    I suppose if the robot can send out tournie details etc they could use it to notify everyone of important things like site down, ballots etc.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    414087
    21 Feb '10 01:37
    Originally posted by mlprior
    Could we get some type of notice before the site goes down for maintenance? Say, 15 minutes before?
    What if they don't know about it, till last second?
  15. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    887649
    21 Feb '10 05:25
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    What if they don't know about it, till last second?
    I think they probably plan ahead most of the time.
Back to Top