1. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    24 Mar '09 13:11
    Russ, is there any way you can notify us beforehand of planned site 'structural' changes, so we can work this into our greasemonkey scripts at the same time the site is being updated?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Mar '09 14:28
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Russ, is there any way you can notify us beforehand of planned site 'structural' changes, so we can work this into our greasemonkey scripts at the same time the site is being updated?
    Sorry, I know it's a pain.

I certainly don't like breaking the greasemonkey code, but documenting and publishing changes before a release will be too much of an overhead.

I'm refreshing quite a bit of old code at the moment, so I'm afraid this might go on a little longer, but within a short period the focus should shift back to new features.
  3. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    24 Mar '09 23:00
    Yes, while the clan challenge page is obviously a great improvement over the old one, it's now less useful than it was with Greasemonkey.

To be truly practically useful and not require recourse to pen and paper you do need links to full profiles and games played between opponents.

Not complaining though as it's good to see some moves in this area.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '09 05:58
    Originally posted by Crowley
    This is one reason why I hesitate using FireFox with Greasmonkey. When it works, it works, but when Russ do something, the scripts doesn't work.
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 08:31
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This is one reason why I hesitate using FireFox with Greasmonkey. When it works, it works, but when Russ do something, the scripts doesn't work.
    So what? When a greasemonkey script "stops working" all that means is the page behaves exactly as Russ intended it to.
    The whole site doesn't just fall apart.
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 08:33
    Originally posted by Russ
    documenting and publishing changes before a release will be too much of an overhead.
    Ah well, at least I tried...
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 15:53
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    FAIL

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree