1. Swansea
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 23:49
    How about if clan leaders had something extra on the clan members info page, I was thinking that it has the number of clan games that the member is currently playing but it doesnt have a perspective number of games that they would be playing once a clan leader sets up a challenge. Im trying to make this clear but its not happening 😞
    What I mean is that if I have set up a couple of challenges and they are taking a while to be accepted or declined, I forget who I have put in for that challenge, but I cannot see who is in it because the only option is to withdraw it. I make up more challenges for that player(forgetting the other one/s) and then they have double the games.
    Feedback anyone?
  2. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 11:20
    I agree if a challenge doesnt get accepted it would be nice to be able to see who you have put in the challenge instead of withdrawing it then re setting it up again.I agree should have something to be able to see what players you have put in...🙂
  3. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 12:34
    I'm not a leader, but notice that some members of my clan (with ratings close to me) get quite a few challenges, while I get none. I don't think the leader is doing anything malicious, I just think he doesn't know who is currently having a challenge.

Even just a column for "Active Challenges", "Submitted Challenges" would do the trick nicely. The leader just looks at the columns and knows who is already committed and who is possibly committed.
  4. Swansea
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 13:13
    Originally posted by Gastel
    I'm not a leader, but notice that some members of my clan (with ratings close to me) get quite a few challenges, while I get none. I don't think the leader is doing anything malicious, I just think he doesn't know who is currently having a challenge.

Even just a column for "Active Challenges", "Submitted Challenges" would do the trick nicely. The leader ...[text shortened]... st looks at the columns and knows who is already committed and who is possibly committed.
    this is what I was trying to say but I made it all complicated lol thanks for making it sound better Gastel 🙂
  5. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 13:21
    the idea sounds great. to be able to view submitted challenges that are awaiting acceptance would be Ideal. Certainly able to help monitor who has how many games.
  6. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    30 Apr '06 03:25
    A related issue is making it easier to see what challenges are on offer. I find that before deciding to accept a challenge I go back and forth an awful lot between the clan home page, the clan info page and the page that's actually asking me to accept the lineup.

Could pop-up windows be a solution, maybe?
  7. Home
    Moves
    30 Apr '06 03:43
    you can right click on a link to open it in a new window in both firefox and IE.
  8. Swansea
    Moves
    01 May '06 11:36
    All these suggestions ontop of the one I started it with are great ideas and I think they should come into play soon, as it would provide us leaders with some help that we need when sorting out challenges for our members, Russ or Chris if you read this, we need this soon 🙂
  9. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    04 May '06 09:42
    Originally posted by blindcheesecake
    you can right click on a link to open it in a new window in both firefox and IE.
    I know, and that's what I do sometimes. But it's possible for the site to do something along these lines. In 'My Games' you can get mini popup windows showing the board and the timebanks.
  10. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    04 May '06 12:46
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    How about if clan leaders had something extra on the clan members info page, I was thinking that it has the number of clan games that the member is currently playing but it doesnt have a perspective number of games that they would be playing once a clan leader sets up a challenge. Im trying to make this clear but its not happening 😞
    What I mean ...[text shortened]... r that player(forgetting the other one/s) and then they have double the games.
    Feedback anyone?
    I've raised this before but got no response. I think that once a Captain sets up a challenge, all the players involved should recieve a 'ghost' challenge, which they cannot move in until the challenge is accepted or rejected. If that player then decides to become unavailable, then they are STILL available for the Ghost challenge that has been set up before they made themself unavailable. I have opened challenges where a player has recently become unavailable and found my strongest player (MotownDave - 2040), paired with a 1300 player. This is because RHP automatically selects the next available player (starting with the strongest). Now, i could simply accept the challenge and the other Clan will simply lose 2 points, and there is nothing the other Clan can do about it. This is stupid in the extreme! The way Clans challenge each other really needs to be addressed!
  11. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    04 May '06 23:15
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    I've raised this before but got no response. I think that once a Captain sets up a challenge, all the players involved should recieve a 'ghost' challenge, which they cannot move in until the challenge is accepted or rejected. If that player then decides to become unavailable, then they are STILL available for the Ghost challenge that has been set up before they made themself unavailable.
    Rec worthyness.
  12. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 May '06 04:38
    This is not necessarily the case, there are many reasons why this could be happening, other than the clan leader not being aware who is playing how many games. The leader has to consider many things about the clan members when setting up a challenge. Members may be at the top of their rating, and therefore not good for putting into a challenge, others may be currently lower than their average rating and wlll therefore be put forward first. Some members may be a lot more reliable than others, for example the clan leader might know they put in a lot more effort in clan games than say tourny games; these members are bound to end up with more clan games as the leader has more faith in them. Also the leader has to consider the opposing clan members. Finding fair challenges for multiple clan members can take a while, sometimes it just works out that there are lots of good possible challenges out there with a few lower rated guys, but the leader can't find a fair one (or one that he thinks they have a good chance of winning) to include a higher rated guy in (aside from a 1 man challenge, but they are pretty crap for everyone involved). So the lower rated guys would get more challenges in this case. Finally if you are in a big clan then remember the leader has to consider all these things for a lot of people, which can be quite time consuming. For these reasons I think it would be rare to have a clan where the number of challenges per member is equal.
  13. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 May '06 04:431 edit
    Just a quick look at your profile shows a few things that would not appeal to your clan leader when he is considering putting you in for a challenge. These are things like you're relatively new and untested, your current rating is near its peak, and the players that you have beaten are typically lower than your average rating.

Ask not what your clan leader can do for you, ask what you can do for your clan leader. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree