1. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    29 Oct '04 10:53
    Just had what is hopefully a flash of inspiration.

I think it would be really helpful to be able to sort games by opponent name. This isn't so much for the My Games as for the My Archives. I'd find it really helpful to find old games this way. The most likely way for me to remember an old game is by who I was playing against.

I'm guessing the My Games and My Archives pages are programmed in much the same way anyway, in which case implementing it for both wouldn't be too difficult?
  2. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    29 Oct '04 15:22
    Originally posted by orfeo
    [b]Just had what is hopefully a flash of inspiration.

I think it would be really helpful to be able to sort games by opponent name. This isn't so much for the My Games as for the My Archives. I'd find it really helpful to find old games this way. The most likely way for me to remember an old game is by who I was playing against.
    You can just search Public Games, putting in your name and your opponent's. (although thinking about it maybe your games weren't all public) 😕
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    29 Oct '04 15:38
    Originally posted by orfeo

My Games and my archives are basically the exact same thing, so its a single implementation.

I'm not sure why you can't sort by opponent name, seeing as you can sort by everything else.

My guess: Something to do with the indexes. Sorting by text is very slow. Everything else on my games is non-text. Action and Alert could be just stored in a bit field, 0 = my move, 1 = your move, etc. Dates are easy to sort by, so are numbers (game id). So that's my guess. Server load. Although Russ made some optimisations (as shown in the clan leader stats) which may make this possible.

Dunno, I guess Russ is the only man to answer this.

D
  4. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    29 Oct '04 16:05
    This'd be really helpful for me. Often I remember my opponents name and want to go back to revisit a game .... my workaround is to just use my browsers "search in page" feature, but it'd be nice to have it built in to the site.
  5. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    31 Oct '04 02:33
    Originally posted by mosquitorespect
    You can just search Public Games, putting in your name and your opponent's. (although thinking about it maybe your games weren't all public) 😕
    Um, certainly most of them are public. Hadn't thought of that way of doing it.

*Wanders off to try it out*

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree