1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    318165
    24 Sep '16 10:29
    I'd like to see a qualifier for forum posts, say 10 moves. Then our moderators wouldn't be constantly chasing off the idiots who sign up just to hit us with spam.
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    518602
    25 Sep '16 14:53
    good idea.

    This is presumed a site where you play chess first.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10270
    25 Sep '16 19:47
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    good idea.

    This is presumed a site where you play chess first.
    Why punish the genuine majority who may have a few questions about the site because of a few idiots?

    Site is about bringing people together to play chess and talk on the forums, not exclude people.
  4. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    518602
    26 Sep '16 08:35
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Why punish the genuine majority who may have a few questions about the site because of a few idiots?

    Site is about bringing people together to play chess and talk on the forums, not exclude people.
    People have the Chance to get a welcome game with Players who are open to answer questions.

    And we could exclude the "help" Forum.
  5. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    518602
    29 Sep '16 12:03
    The same guy who (probably) was the reason for this Suggestion did it again...
  6. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    518602
    16 Oct '16 13:28
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    The same guy who (probably) was the reason for this Suggestion did it again...
    ..and we had a new case which led to a big increase in daily messages 🙂
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    318165
    16 Oct '16 21:36
    Just a thought. Used to be talk around here about robomod deleting any post which won a bunch of alert messages. Maybe robomod could have a few key words added to its vocabulary.
  8. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    518602
    17 Oct '16 09:22
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Just a thought. Used to be talk around here about robomod deleting any post which won a bunch of alert messages. Maybe robomod could have a few key words added to its vocabulary.
    A very sensible idea.

    I can't think of a good reason to thumb it down as someone did 🙁
  9. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    518602
    31 Oct '16 14:54
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Just a thought. Used to be talk around here about robomod deleting any post which won a bunch of alert messages. Maybe robomod could have a few key words added to its vocabulary.
    Who thumbed down the post, and what was your reason?
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10270
    31 Oct '16 22:59
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Who thumbed down the post, and what was your reason?
    I thumbed down your post, no reason.

    So mature 😉
  11. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    518602
    18 Nov '16 14:44
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    The same guy who (probably) was the reason for this Suggestion did it again...
    ...and again
  12. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    518602
    28 Nov '16 11:49
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    ...and again
    and again (Sunday)
    and again (Monday)

    I could alsu suggets to give People a Bonus for alerting SPAM 😉
  13. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    114819
    28 Nov '16 17:48
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    and again (Sunday)
    and again (Monday)

    I could alsu suggets to give People a Bonus for alerting SPAM 😉
    How about for every spam I alert I get to thumb a post down twice. 😉
  14. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    518602
    28 Nov '16 18:58
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    How about for every spam I alert I get to thumb a post down twice. 😉
    That would be one kind of possible bonus 😀
  15. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    114819
    28 Nov '16 22:15
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    That would be one kind of possible bonus 😀
    I have it. A special icon with a smiling face that I can punch. My nominee for worst post of the week.
Back to Top