Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 30 Dec '06 13:13
    i would love to seee a spelll check facility availible, heell we have nearly every thing else here , keep up the great work russ.
  2. 30 Dec '06 13:22
    Originally posted by billwesthoff
    i would love to seee a spelll check facility availible, heell we have nearly every thing else here , keep up the great work russ.
    meto
  3. 30 Dec '06 13:22
    You should really be able to spell by now......
  4. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    30 Dec '06 16:03
    Isn't spellcheck an engine?
  5. Subscriber Crowley
    Not Aleister
    30 Dec '06 23:24
    Download and install the Google Toolbar for your browser. It has a few cool features, including a spellchecker.
  6. 31 Dec '06 01:21
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Isn't spellcheck an engine?
    Yes. You may use it to analyse finished posts, but not posts in progress. Dictionaries are fine, though.
  7. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    31 Dec '06 02:36
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Yes. You may use it to analyse finished posts, but not posts in progress. Dictionaries are fine, though.
    It always gives the spelling Police a Job to do
  8. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    31 Dec '06 04:11
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Therefore, if I spellcheck the spelling of analyze before the post is complete, I could be terminated under Section 3(b). This is a timely eye-opener as well as a sobering thought for New Year's Eve.
  9. Standard member c99ux
    'Sir' to you
    31 Dec '06 07:51
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Therefore, if I spellcheck the spelling of analyze before the post is complete, I could be terminated under Section 3(b). This is a timely eye-opener as well as a sobering thought for New Year's Eve.
    Yeah, and imagine being terminated because you weren't sure that you'd spelt "analyse" correctly...

Bit of a bummer if you're English and you've only got an American spellchecker, what? I used to hate printing letters and reports, and seeing all those red squiggley lines underneath perfectly correctly spelt words...
  10. 31 Dec '06 08:16
    You shouldn't shed tears for mis-spelt milc.
  11. 31 Dec '06 17:37
    http://www.amazon.com/Concise-Oxford-English-Dictionary/dp/0198608640/sr=8-6/qid=1167586514/ref=pd_bbs_6/002-0822215-0235219?ie=UTF8&s=books
  12. 31 Dec '06 17:50
    http://wordweb.info/free/
  13. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    31 Dec '06 19:03
    Originally posted by c99ux
    Yeah, and imagine being terminated because you weren't sure that you'd spelt "analyse" correctly...

Bit of a bummer if you're English and you've only got an American spellchecker, what? I used to hate printing letters and reports, and seeing all those red squiggley lines underneath perfectly correctly spelt words...
    Actually, words with British/American alternate spellings are rare. What amazes me is how much agreement there is... after all these years.
  14. Standard member blakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    31 Dec '06 19:04
    Spell check = paying attention and grabbing a dictionary.
  15. 01 Jan '07 00:21
    I have a spill chequer. I used it two cheque this massage for eros. it didn't found any, so I sink that my massage has now mistakes.