1. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 06:49
    Originally posted by billwesthoff
    i would love to seee a spelll check facility availible, heell we have nearly every thing else here , keep up the great work russ.
    didn't bowmann used to provide that for everyone?

or else .... FF2 does it almsot as good 😛
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 07:37
    Exactly. Anyone using Firefox 2.0 already has a spell check. And if you are using an older version of Firefox the Google toolbar has one.

Suck it IE.
  3. The sky
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 11:36
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Exactly. Anyone using Firefox 2.0 already has a spell check.
    That doesn't work for me. I have the box checked, but nothyng hapns wen I misspel somthing. I tried switching to the Norwegian keyboard because I thought it might only work for Norwegian, but that doesn't work either. Of course if it would work, I'd probably have it unchecked by now, as I usually find spellcheckers rather annoying.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 18:04
    Exactly. Anyone using Firefox 2.0 already has a spell check. And if you are using an older version of Firefox the Google toolbar has one.

Suck it IE.
    And for anyone without the sense [or permission] to use Firefox, there is an IE add-on spellchecker available free here.......

http://www.iespell.com/
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 23:10
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    And for anyone without the sense [or permission] to use Firefox, there is an IE add-on spellchecker available free here.......

http://www.iespell.com/
    Permission? You can get a version of Firefox that will run off a usb thumbdrive with no install. And it'll save your cookies, settings and extensions.
  6. Joined
    29 Mar '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 00:23
    Even on sites where spell checkers are available, the people that can't spell generally don't bother using them anyway in my experience...
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 05:361 edit
    Permission? You can get a version of Firefox that will run off a usb thumbdrive with no install. And it'll save your cookies, settings and extensions.
    Some libraries and places of work prevent it. [well they do round here anyway]

Good idea though.
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 10:22
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Some libraries and places of work prevent it. [well they do round here anyway]

Good idea though.
    With what?
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 15:07
    With what?
    What, do you mean how they prevent the use of USB devices?

They are sat there - they would see you.
    It would anyway be simple enough to disable the USB ports if they wanted to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree