1. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 23:50
    Originally posted by Hannilein007
    You are right, in this two points we had a problem:

1. Find the ones, who really need the help

2. Who have not the money for the subcriber-status, but for costs of the internet.

I think we cannot really solve this problem.

Another point is that every subscriber finance the RHP-side and every non-subscriber get the profit of it.
    Aye there's the rub.

Wait until one of your clan members like Slow Racer (I've played him - the guy's a genius) tells you he's not going to resubscribe and then you'll know who needs a free subscription.

Why not sponsor a small tourney? The prize of a subscription goes to the player of a brilliancy. Ultimately, that's what really qualifies us as worthy right? If you don't want to judge yourself you could get Greenpawn or Caissad4 or Wulebr or sh76us or someone who really knows their chess to judge.

Obviousy I couldn't play as pretty much every second move is an act of god with me 🙄
  2. Wat?
    Moves
    21 Feb '09 05:49
    People who have bought subs for 5 or 8 or 10 (or some kind of benchmark) members, apart from themselves, should get a special star level of membership in honour of their kind generosity! 😉
  3. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '09 14:15
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Profit????

Non-subs support the site by getting ads.

I was bought a subscription here by my favourite RHP member.....😉.....to whom I was very grateful. I see no problem with it if you are careful. Of course, there will always be people trying to take advantage.
    Two question?

1. In which way do you get the subscription?

2. Do you think the income is enough, which RHP get with this ads?
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '09 14:39
    i could be wrong but i think the amount of income rhp gets with the ads depends on how many/if any non subs click on them.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '09 16:44
    Two question?

1. In which way do you get the subscription?

1. eh?

2. No idea - ask Russ or Chris.
  6. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 04:02
    Originally posted by mikelom
    People who have bought subs for 5 or 8 or 10 (or some kind of benchmark) members, apart from themselves, should get a special star level of membership in honour of their kind generosity! 😉
    I agree...their generosity should be rewarded. Although many wish to be anonymous, I think they are a credit to the site and should be honored.

I will always be thankful to someone who sponsored me. That person knows who they are and will always have my respect as will many other sponsors. Their generosity is worthy of praise.
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 04:59
    reccd
  8. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 11:24
    Why?

Who is the more generous sponsor

The person on £100K a year

or

The person on £40K a year

or

The person on £10K a year

Giving sponsors a special star level of membeship opens them up to begging PM's.

Thereafter, ridicule in the forums when Player A doesn't get sponsored and then says that Player B is a mean bugger as they wouldn't sponsor them.

What happens the next year when the sponsorer decides not to do so again and the lucky recipient finds themselves booted out of the clan/clans they joined, becomes unable to join tournaments and their enjoyment of the site is once again curtailed to 6 games?

You have effectively played as "god" by giving a potentially "poor person" a taste of what is available to the better off and look at how easy it is to take it away as well.
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 15:48
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Why?

Who is the more generous sponsor

The person on £100K a year

or

The person on £40K a year

or

The person on £10K a year

Giving sponsors a special star level of membeship opens them up to begging PM's.

Thereafter, ridicule in the forums when Player A doesn't get sponsored and then says that Player B is a mean bugger as they ...[text shortened]... f what is available to the better off and look at how easy it is to take it away as well.
    I'd rather have a taste than no taste at all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree