1. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 19:42
    What do you think about sponsorship for non-subsrciber, who have not enough money.
    Sometimes, I ask good players, why they are not subscribers. Some of them told me, that they have not enough money, to be one.
    That would be great, when there is one way to help this players from players who have money. 😀
  2. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 19:45
    Originally posted by Hannilein007
    What do you think about sponsorship for non-subsrciber, who have not enough money.
    Sometimes, I ask good players, why they are not subscribers. Some of them told me, that they have not enough money, to be one.
    That would be great, when there is one way to help this players from players who have money. 😀
    We could have done with this idea before the prices went up!
  3. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 19:52
    Perhaps the price for this sponsorship can be for a lower price and in a limit by games but not in the function of a subscriber like tournaments and clans. 😀
  4. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 19:56
    I might be wrong, but can't you do this anyway? When you sign-up for a subscription it asks what userID you want to subscribe. Wouldn't this allow you to pay for someone else?
  5. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 20:031 edit
    Yes that's right.

OK...

I work but a lot of my income goes towards paying my dead father's creditors and the rest is for my poor mother's medical bills. I'd do overtime but my charity work takes up my spare time. I love Germans.
  6. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 20:06
    Originally posted by Traveling Again
    I might be wrong, but can't you do this anyway? When you sign-up for a subscription it asks what userID you want to subscribe. Wouldn't this allow you to pay for someone else?
    I don't know.
    I mean an active support by RHP, so a lot of sponsorships are possible and done.
  7. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 20:11
    How would we distinguish the worthy from the not so?
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 20:38
    I purchased a subscription for someone, and it was a big mistake.

Remember, we are just names on a computer. This feature will draw out users to make elaborate stories of woe just to get one of us to pity and buy them a star.

IMHO

P-
  9. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 20:53
    This is kind of my thinking too Phlabbers. You never really know do you?

There are a couple of people here I would buy a subscription for and consequences be damned, but if we had a Begging Forum we might see a lot of intellectually challenged or drunk people (not Travelling Again of course) being taken advantage of.

Also, considering that the yearly subscription is substantially less than yearly internet access I wonder if those people who say it's too much actually have better things to spend their money on.

In it's essence though I do like the idea (though not the idea of graded subscriptions) because it's generous.
  10. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 22:12
    Originally posted by Lukerik

There are a couple of people here I would buy a subscription for and consequences be damned, but if we had a Begging Forum we might see a lot of intellectually challenged or drunk people (not Travelling Again of course) being taken advantage of.

Also, considering that the yearly ...[text shortened]... hough I do like the idea (though not the idea of graded subscriptions) because it's generous.
    i don't mind being taken advantage of.
  11. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 22:31
    In that case, please see the fifth post.

PS, I love ninjas.
  12. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 22:32
    Actually, I'll PM you about this 😀
  13. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 22:46
    where's the beer drinking smiley when we need it?
  14. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 23:22
    Originally posted by Lukerik

Also, considering that the yearly ...[text shortened]... hough I do like the idea (though not the idea of graded subscriptions) because it's generous.
    You are right, in this two points we had a problem:

1. Find the ones, who really need the help

2. Who have not the money for the subcriber-status, but for costs of the internet.

I think we cannot really solve this problem.

Another point is that every subscriber finance the RHP-side and every non-subscriber get the profit of it.
  15. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 23:38
    You are right, in this two points we had a problem:

1. Find the ones, who really need the help

2. Who have not the money for the subcriber-status, but for costs of the internet.

I think we cannot really solve this problem.

Another point is that every subscriber finance the RHP-side and every non-subscriber get the profit of it.
    Profit????

Non-subs support the site by getting ads.

I was bought a subscription here by my favourite RHP member.....😉.....to whom I was very grateful. I see no problem with it if you are careful. Of course, there will always be people trying to take advantage.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree