1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 02:30
    Just vaccum up the old 'Meat Opponents' forum and raplace the red pleather captain's chairs and dim lit neon signs with bleachers and a score board.

P-
  2. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 12:29
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Just vaccum up the old 'Meat Opponents' forum and raplace the red pleather captain's chairs and dim lit neon signs with bleachers and a score board.

P-
    Yes, I completely agree. I have raised this point before and got decent response. We talk about sports enough to have it as a forum.

There is also talk about losing the debates forum, which I also agree with. The word "debate" in itself is just asking for an argument. Maybe even changing it to "World News" or "World Affairs" would help.

But I would love to see a sports forum
  3. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 14:47
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Yes, I completely agree. I have raised this point before and got decent response. We talk about sports enough to have it as a forum.

There is also talk about losing the debates forum, which I also agree with. The word "debate" in itself is just asking for an argument. Maybe even changing it to "World News" or "World Affairs" would help.

But I would love to see a sports forum
    Doubt that. You could call it "Islam rocks!" and it would still be full of the same bile.
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 17:03

P-
    Sports forum is a great idea.

It seems like the one forum that wouldn't degenerate into an endless homophobic, abusive, clan war.
  5. Subscriberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 18:28
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Sports forum is a great idea.

It seems like the one forum that wouldn't degenerate into an endless homophobic, abusive, clan war.
    No, it would degenerate into a few football, or soccer team wars. . . But that is the best bit about it 😀
  6. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 22:00
    I like the idea of a "Sports Forum". Count me in.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 22:34
    everyone agrees there should be a sports forum - now make it happen.
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 22:44

P-
    I'm glad I saved a rec for you. I knew you would say something better within 30 days.

A Sports forum is definitely worthwhile.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 00:31
    I'm sure many of us have asked for this in the past, I remember someone's prediction of just what would happen when the FiFA thing came around.

It would also be great so I could go RIGHT THERE and read or talk about sports. As SevenEighty Nine said, lots of people have good views on sports that others of us might not know.

What I think would help is no busting nuts on a sport in a thread about that sport. you can start a thread busting on a sport if you like, but keep the threads on topic.

Other than that, if some users go 'head to head' over a team or match, it's on. I'm just thinking it's a way for keeping all sports in one forum.

P-
  10. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 12:511 edit
    In the General area, go make a Thread for each one of the types of sports you know are most popular with the RHP crowd and see what happens.

Best of Luck.

Go Giants N.Y.

G
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 13:301 edit
    Originally posted by IM4Y2NV
    In the General area, go make a Thread for each one of the types of sports you know are most popular with the RHP crowd and see what happens.

Best of Luck.

Go Giant N.Y.

G
    Go make a post about each race you hate in debates.

Wait, that is already done. (not by you I would hope!)

P-
  12. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 13:34
    Go make a post about each race you hate in debates.

Wait, that is already done. (not by you I would hope!)

P-
    Dude,

I was serious, I would do it, but no one likes me, so the affect would not be the same as if you did.

G

I do not go to debates area. I do not like it.
  13. Joined
    12 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 13:46
    i don't think a sports forum would be a good idea. Personally i feel there is another space in the debates forum and the general forum for sports.
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 14:141 edit
    Originally posted by IM4Y2NV
    Dude,

I was serious, I would do it, but no one likes me, so the affect would not be the same as if you did.

G

I do not go to debates area. I do not like it.
    I click around the forums, and sometimes I go to debates... I x-out the browser and take a bath.

It's that bad!

I'm not sure why you want a post (or posts?) about sports in General... Are you looking to find what sports are most popular at RHP?

Football (Soccer)
    NFL
    Baseball
    Hockey
    Hoops
    Track and Field
    Boxing

Well, I'm sure the list goes on.

P-
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 14:15
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    i don't think a sports forum would be a good idea. Personally i feel there is another space in the debates forum and the general forum for sports.
    I would never talk sports in debates, and Sports gets lost in General. I don't see a problem with a separate forum for a popular topic, and many users have already agreed.

P-