1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 19:46
    The 2008 site championships should be a sticky tournament... I don't like having to go through all those other tourneys just to find the important one.

All with me say I! or Aye! or Yes! or Rec'd! etc 🙂.
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 19:59
    Yes
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 20:13
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    The 2008 site championships should be a sticky tournament... I don't like having to go through all those other tourneys just to find the important one.

All with me say I! or Aye! or Yes! or Rec'd! etc 🙂.
    Any chance you could just use the bookmarking functionality in your browser? Or if using multiple computers, use one of the online bookmarking sites, like del.icio.us

D
  4. The sky
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 00:55
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Any chance you could just use the bookmarking functionality in your browser? Or if using multiple computers, use one of the online bookmarking sites, like del.icio.us

D
    That would help people who have been there when it started, but I think it would be nice to make it more prominent and visible also for newcomers or people who for some reason missed the start.
  5. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 07:27

D
    You could also just click 'my tournaments'. Unless you play every available open tournament, it shouldn't get buried. And even if you have to search through the pages, it would be a lot fewer.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 16:24
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    You could also just click 'my tournaments'. Unless you play every available open tournament, it shouldn't get buried. And even if you have to search through the pages, it would be a lot fewer.
    But that only works for people who play in it...
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 17:06
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    But that only works for people who play in it...
    Who else would be interested in it?

D
  8. The sky
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 17:42
    Who else would be interested in it?

D
    Anyone who's interested to see who'll be the next champion.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 18:04
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Anyone who's interested to see who'll be the next champion.
    How would a newcomer even know about the championship?

Why should this tournament be foisted on everybody as a sticky? I really don't see the point. I have absolutely no interest in the tournament, and I'd guess that the majority of newcomers who have never heard of the tournament wouldn't have much interest in it either.

D
  10. The sky
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 18:25
    How would a newcomer even know about the championship?
    That's just the point - as it is now, they probably wouldn't. Or they'd see a thread about it, but have no idea where to find the games. But if it's just like any other tournament, and only the players playing in it know or care about it, why even have a championship? I didn't follow the last championship much because it was hidden so well. I sometimes looked at the thread in the tournament forum, but usually couldn't find a link to the games, so I lost interest. If it were displayed more prominently, I know I would follow it more, and I am guessing that I wouldn't be the only one. And anyone who still wouldn't be interested could just avoid the link, so there wouldn't be any harm done.
  11. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 10:57
    Well you could just type in 2008 in the search box and hit enter. Problem solved.

Or you could type 200% and that gives you everything that starts with 200.

Or you could type 200%Ch% to get all the Championships.

Easy as pie.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree