1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 00:131 edit
    This is long over due imo. For over a decade now, Russ and Chris have selflessly slaved away behind the scenes, tapping away...unseen...oiling the cogs of this site we love. Ensuring our safe arrival in chess Nibanna. Do they ask for anything in return?

Not really...

And that is why, after long deliberation, i have decided that we, the RHP community, should really get together and organise some strippers for these guys!

Isn't that sexist/misogynistic/unacceptable, or some such?

Quite possibly..

But should we do it anyway? I believe we should!

Russ used to have a full and enriched life before he created RHP. What was once a young buck (not dissimilar to a a springbok in one of those David Attenborough docs) leaping down the street in youthful abandon...is now reduced to huddling over SQL statements late into the night. Can you spare just £2 a month to save this poor programmer from a 'stripper-less' fate that has claimed so many coders in their prime?

Chris used to open the curtains once, but since his debilitating JavaScript induced RSI injury of 2012, he has been reduced to eating corn flakes without milk and staring out of the window longingly. But for just £2, you could provide this poor soul with his own personal stripper!

Do you agree RHP? You should do i feel! Think of all the suffering you could alleviate with just a small donation...monthly...signed in triplicate...passed through my bank account.

Think of the strippers

Given gainful employment, fulfilling a genuinely altruistic humanitarian mission. Selflessly ensuring the continued safe survival of this RHP community.

£2 a month

Come on you heartless lot! Can't you see the suffering? Are you so removed from your emotional connection to mankind that you can't find it in your hearts to spare these poor code monkeys??

Just giving account details to follow...
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 00:54
    Seconded.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 02:09
    Thirded. 🙂
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 10:39
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    And that is why, after long deliberation, i have decided that we, the RHP community, should really get together and organise some strippers for these guys!

Isn't that sexist/misogynistic/unacceptable, or some such?
    Not if you're volunteering.
  5. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 10:40
    Fourthed
  6. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 12:091 edit
    It's interesting to see that two people dislike this idea. I wonder if these two people are Russ and Chris's 'other halves'..? :p

EDIT: Who i wouldn't dream of offending btw..just so that's clear! 😀
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 13:233 edits
    How do you know that RHP subscriptions don't fund a life of champagne and strippers anyway??? Why would I need MORE 😉

Back in reality, each £2 would he better spent on 2/3rds of my daily bill for each child's school dinner. Donations in the hat in the corner, next to the sad little guy playing a tiny violin. My life is pure rock and roll.

edit : Disclaimer, I'm neither small or able to play a violin.
  8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 15:211 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    How do you know that RHP subscriptions don't fund a life of champagne and strippers anyway??? Why would I need MORE 😉

Back in reality, each £2 would he better spent on 2/3rds of my daily bill for each child's school dinner. Donations in the hat in the corner, next to the sad little guy playing a tiny violin. My life is pure rock and roll.

edit : Disclaimer, I'm neither small or able to play a violin.
    Why not simply accept the strippers and take them down to the street corner instead of the man with the small violin? I suspect they would fill 'said hat' a lot faster than a sad looking violinist. Just a thought.. 😛
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 16:323 edits
    Originally posted by Russ
    This is always how I've pictured the Russ lifestyle.

Edit:

"Hey sweetie ... what do you do for a living?"

"I swindle chess nerds out of their money." *laughs*

Edit2:
    Site Announcements
    Sorry this update is taking so long...
    As usual, this update is taking much longer than I had anticipated. It's hard to write code with all these strippers sitting on my lap.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree